Windows Programming - October 2012 (Page 2)

Direct x c++

Does anyone know of any way to use directX 9 with dev-c++ 4.9.9.2 i had recently bought a book on directx but i cannot figure out where to get directx for de...
[5 replies] Last: You're welcome gsizzle10, nice to know this helped you out! Ogoyant (by Ogoyant)
Large textarea?

Hello! I'm very new to C++ especially the Windows API. I have a background in web developement (html, css, javascript, php). So I get the basic fundmentals a...
[1 reply] : Obtain the parent window's client area dimensions using GetClientRect(... (by webJose)
Problem with graphics.h and eclipse cdt

Hi: I'm trying to create a program using graphics.h (from here http://codecutter.org/tools/winbgim/ ), which has 3 files: graphics.h, winbgim.h and lbbgi.a, ...
[no replies]
First Time Posting Sorry

I needed to create a volume program, pretty simple. But I find two errors, in my while loop and in my case statement. If someone can guide me to, how to ask for...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry about that Maxim, my first time posting. And Thanks Codewalker,... (by MOSKing)
wcscpy_s crash

Hi all, I gotta problem using wcscpy_s(first time using it), I guess I'm just doint it wrong, as said my gf for my other first time. So, I have a method like ...
[9 replies] Last: I saw the "Buffer is too small" in debug, but I couldn't get rid of it... (by Patlegroin)
Sound recording

Hello everybody! First of all, sorry for my english - I'm from Ukraine. I have next task: record sound from microphone to wav file when human talks and stop re...
[no replies]
by plomax
Borland fault offset

My "AppHandler" is crashing on one of our live servers. It is built with BCB6 (I also have XE2 but that don't work) and when it crashes I get C0000005 fault off...
[1 reply] : I don't know much about debugging, but I do know that Visual Studio co... (by webJose)
by raze
Convert "file" to PDF

Hello! I am searching for a library that can convert files (mostly images and text documents - word documents would be great!) to a PDF document. This librar...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your answers. Much appreciated! :) (by raze)
stdlib.h Borland C++ & VC++

Hey guys, Foremost, thanks for the help with my previous questions. Quick background, I have an application that was build in Borland C++ 4.52 (old I know...
[1 reply] : As you guessed, the C++ standard dictates that stdlib.h be the same as... (by Moschops)
Selecting files

How do you make the window that let you select files to open up in C++. I'm not sure what the prober name for it is, but it loads your files and let you sele...
[4 replies] Last: It is supposed to first read MSDN documentation for every windows func... (by modoran)
trying to build an app with MSVC

Hi - I have a very small app that I developed with MinGW. I now want to try to make the code portable to MSVC2010. (The end goal is to build a standalone app...
[13 replies] Last: Beautiful...thanks for the help. (by mzimmers)
Creating a Label with Transparent Background

Hey Everybody, I'm a new convert from Visual Basic 6.0 to C++. I'd like to create a Windows app that cotains a label. I had success doing so using the "Creat...
[1 reply] : Oops. Never mind. I found the error. I thought I was creating a label,... (by dominicanjb)
Random Error Messaging from switch statement?

Hello all, I'm testing getting text from edit controls and what not with win32 (no MFC), and every time I try to write in the 'hEdit' window it throws an ex...
[10 replies] Last: I solved the problem (with getting text from the Edit Control). Appare... (by xanimeangiex)
by scout
Capture window change

Hello; I have a simple gui application that should act according to desktop windows changes including other applications windows not only my program windows....
[2 replies] Last: Ok, if I am understanding you you want your program to be able to clos... (by NanoBytes)
Bug in rand()

There is a bug in the implementation of rand() for Visual C++ 10 (probably others) and it does not generate random numbers! There are two problems, the small s...
[17 replies] Last: Actually, this is even worse. Since one only generates 32767 possible... (by joem5636)
Converting Decimal to Binary

when converting Decimal to Binary we use the largest power to 2 and substraction to do it. but in decimal to hex, we use the each hex correspond 4 digits binary...
[3 replies] Last: why converting dec to bin can't use each dec correspond 4 digits bina... (by andywestken)
std::vector whose type is a locally defined struct -- could this be done in a better way?

I am using a std::vector whose type is a locally defined struct. The program compiles fine and testing the compiled program in the console shows that the variab...
[2 replies] Last: I see, thank you Cubbi, I appreciate the feedback. So if I did somet... (by Ogoyant)
error

programming MFC...Keep getting this error for these lines of code FILE * fstPayroll; UpdateData(TRUE); fstPayroll = _wfopen(m_filename + L".txt","w+"...
[9 replies] Last: re tchar.h stuff. Actually, I was just re-restating modoran's suggest... (by andywestken)
VS and Eclipse software confusion

I'm a beginner, I only learned some C++. In the Visual studio, there are so many project types, like MFC, CLR, Win32,ATl, I 'm afraid so many thing, are those ...
[7 replies] Last: Whether compilers support it or not isn't really the point. There's a... (by kbw)
by Vex
C++ GUI

I need to create a C++ GUI in 30 days, I have tried Qt but it is not so easy to learn since I have limited time. I have an intermediate understanding of c++ and...
[5 replies] Last: 30 days (only 28 left at this point) isn't enough time to learn Win32,... (by freddie1)
October 2012 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.