Windows Programming - October 2012 (Page 3)

VS 2008 custom build problem

So basically, I have an exe file (compiler). The compiler is use to compile two files with different extentions under different compiling options. Now, adjusted...
[no replies]
mingw support for c++11 concurrency

Does anybody know when mingw will support the concurrency parts of c++11? Currently you cannot use std::thread or std::async. These are available in g++ on ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the responses, really appreciate it. Zephilinox : tried y... (by closed account D2v5Djzh)
Win32 Standard C++ library

How come I can't use the std namespace in any Win32 program? I been trying to make a program wiht vectors in it but it returns this error. error C2039: 'v...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yeah! damn forgot about that haha, my bad. Thanks :D (by Callum5042)
Displaying a bmp in a dialog frame

I'm working on creating a 'Slot Machine' program using the Win32 API, but i dont have knowledge with displaying images on the dialog frame. I tried to research ...
[3 replies] Last: If you want to animate the spin, to show the "reels" spinning, you nee... (by andywestken)
HOW TO USE QT 2.5 with DEV C+++ please!

Please i have qt-creator-win-opensource-2.5.2 and DevC++ please can any one tell me how to use qt Libraries in c++ please i wille very happy to know how to use ...
[no replies]
Enabling Visual Styles without using Manifest File

I'm writing an application which injects a DLL into a certain game, and my DLL then creates my application's user interface in the game's main thread (causing t...
[1 reply] : Use activation context APIs if you don't want to use a manifest, altou... (by modoran)
CFile

Why is this code below giving me problems..here are the problems from the debug window fleRepairOrder.Open(m_FileSave + L".rpr", CFile::modeCreate | C...
[3 replies] Last: Got it to work by putting it into a buttonclick (by terryeverlast)
by h4344
Is there a better way to read memory than this?

Ok so im trying to get better at coding the most efficient way possible. I have a program where i have to read alot of memory addresses (around 30). Right now t...
[4 replies] Last: Well, I'm with implicit's comment on reading bigger blocks. But whet... (by andywestken)
by Senith
get custom struct value from lparam?

So far for the whole night and looking it up which I can't seem to find anything on it, what I would like to do is get the struct value from lparam that I passe...
[1 reply] : You were not too far off the mark, pass a pointer to the data as the L... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
by Aceix
Programming for windows

Hi, I want to know this, apart from programming for windows in C++(WinAPI), is there any other way(apart from MFC) or language which makes it easier? Mann ple...
[3 replies] Last: Programming Windows, 5th Edition By Charles Petzold is pretty much the... (by freddie1)
by ruafly
Listing the Files in a Directory (C++) doesn't work on Win 7

Follow this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365200(v=vs.85).aspx, i've added to VC 2010 but can't list any files and some properties o...
[4 replies] Last: Have you tried stepping thru the code in the debugger? If not, why no... (by kbw)
Memory leak on multi-core

Morning all, this may be a silly problem so here goes. I have a application installed on a single core 32 bit XP unit. And another on a win 7 64 bit dual cor...
[1 reply] : Visual C++ has some heap diagnostics. I can't remember how to use the... (by kbw)
none of my programs will open

with all my applications I'm trying to open they won't work. When building programs in visual studio the program compiles opens and then closes straight away, l...
[3 replies] Last: The breakpoint is definitely more efficient if all you want is to chec... (by Ogoyant)
by RipIt
BackGround Program

I need a program to run in the background to move the user's mouse to the top left corner every 10-15 seconds or so, just to annoy a co worker for a while. Can ...
[1 reply] : Yes. Repeatedly call SetCursorPos(): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by webJose)
by Rii
Filling up a TCHAR* array [c++, win32api]

Hello, I've been googling for quite a while now and I just can't find anything about filling up a TCHAR* array with data from a vector<string>. I'm using tw...
[2 replies] Last: I managed to solve it somehow, thanks for your help! (by Rii)
CoCreateInstance

My question is what does this function do. HRESULT CoCreateInstance( _In_ REFCLSID rclsid, _In_ LPUNKNOWN pUnkOuter, _In_ DWORD dwClsContext,...
[17 replies] Last: There is this info (about windows 8 apps) http://en.wikipedia.org/wik... (by guestgulkan)
Windows Update Agent API in C++

Hi Everyone, After exploring the various ways, I have found “Windows Update Agent API” is the better way to collect windows update information from any W...
[1 reply] : Could someone please reply? (by hareeshsarma)
"Program has stopped working"

So I'm trying to run some example functions that were given to me. The build succeeds in VS2010, but when I run the program, it crashes after a value is entered...
[1 reply] : headptr is uninitialized and could point to anything. node *headp... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
Console windows replacement (C++)

Wasn't sure where to place this, but here we go! So basicly I'm following a tutorial to make a rougelike in c++. This game that this tutorial is instructing ...
[5 replies] Last: Just thought of something, seeing as this would be very easy to accomp... (by Flappish)
DEVC++ AND QT

Please can anyone tell me bit by bit how to install and make DEVC++ work with QT Please thanks in Advance
[no replies]
October 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.