Windows Programming - October 2012 (Page 3)

by Vex
C++ GUI

I need to create a C++ GUI in 30 days, I have tried Qt but it is not so easy to learn since I have l...
[5 replies] Last: 30 days (only 28 left at this point) isn't enough time to learn Win32,... (by freddie1)
VS 2008 custom build problem

So basically, I have an exe file (compiler). The compiler is use to compile two files with different...
[no replies]
mingw support for c++11 concurrency

Does anybody know when mingw will support the concurrency parts of c++11? Currently you cannot u...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the responses, really appreciate it. Zephilinox : tried y... (by riddler)
Win32 Standard C++ library

How come I can't use the std namespace in any Win32 program? I been trying to make a program wiht ve...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yeah! damn forgot about that haha, my bad. Thanks :D (by Callum5042)
Displaying a bmp in a dialog frame

I'm working on creating a 'Slot Machine' program using the Win32 API, but i dont have knowledge with...
[3 replies] Last: If you want to animate the spin, to show the "reels" spinning, you nee... (by andywestken)
HOW TO USE QT 2.5 with DEV C+++ please!

Please i have qt-creator-win-opensource-2.5.2 and DevC++ please can any one tell me how to use qt Li...
[no replies]
by l0l1dk
Enabling Visual Styles without using Manifest File

I'm writing an application which injects a DLL into a certain game, and my DLL then creates my appli...
[1 reply] : Use activation context APIs if you don't want to use a manifest, altou... (by modoran)
CFile

Why is this code below giving me problems..here are the problems from the debug window fle...
[3 replies] Last: Got it to work by putting it into a buttonclick (by terryeverlast)
by h4344
Is there a better way to read memory than this?

Ok so im trying to get better at coding the most efficient way possible. I have a program where i ha...
[4 replies] Last: Well, I'm with implicit's comment on reading bigger blocks. But whet... (by andywestken)
by Senith
get custom struct value from lparam?

So far for the whole night and looking it up which I can't seem to find anything on it, what I would...
[1 reply] : You were not too far off the mark, pass a pointer to the data as the L... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
by Aceix
Programming for windows

Hi, I want to know this, apart from programming for windows in C++(WinAPI), is there any other way(...
[3 replies] Last: Programming Windows, 5th Edition By Charles Petzold is pretty much the... (by freddie1)
by ruafly
Listing the Files in a Directory (C++) doesn't work on Win 7

Follow this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365200(v=vs.85).aspx, i've add...
[4 replies] Last: Have you tried stepping thru the code in the debugger? If not, why no... (by kbw)
Memory leak on multi-core

Morning all, this may be a silly problem so here goes. I have a application installed on a single...
[1 reply] : Visual C++ has some heap diagnostics. I can't remember how to use the... (by kbw)
none of my programs will open

with all my applications I'm trying to open they won't work. When building programs in visual studio...
[3 replies] Last: The breakpoint is definitely more efficient if all you want is to chec... (by Ogoyant)
by RipIt
BackGround Program

I need a program to run in the background to move the user's mouse to the top left corner every 10-1...
[1 reply] : Yes. Repeatedly call SetCursorPos(): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by webJose)
by Rii
Filling up a TCHAR* array [c++, win32api]

Hello, I've been googling for quite a while now and I just can't find anything about filling up a...
[2 replies] Last: I managed to solve it somehow, thanks for your help! (by Rii)
CoCreateInstance

My question is what does this function do. HRESULT CoCreateInstance( _In_ REFCLSID rclsid, ...
[17 replies] Last: There is this info (about windows 8 apps) http://en.wikipedia.org/wik... (by guestgulkan)
Windows Update Agent API in C++

Hi Everyone, After exploring the various ways, I have found “Windows Update Agent API” is the...
[1 reply] : Could someone please reply? (by hareeshsarma)
"Program has stopped working"

So I'm trying to run some example functions that were given to me. The build succeeds in VS2010, but...
[1 reply] : headptr is uninitialized and could point to anything. node *headp... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
Console windows replacement (C++)

Wasn't sure where to place this, but here we go! So basicly I'm following a tutorial to make a ro...
[5 replies] Last: Just thought of something, seeing as this would be very easy to accomp... (by Flappish)
October 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.