Windows Programming - October 2012 (Page 4)

Resize Window

Alright, so I'm trying to make it so when you press space it will resize the current Window. But when I press 'space' it creates a new Window on top of the old...
[3 replies] Last: Kinda figured it out, used SetWindowPos to do it. (by Callum5042)
password enterance in c++

Hey i am trying to build a secure console app to store all the usernames and passwords at one place and access them through a master password. I inserted a mod...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <conio.h> using namesp... (by andywestken)
Sort Bitset

Trying to reverse a binary.
[3 replies] Last: Erm, use 7 instead of 8 in the above code...? (by Zhuge)
Trouble creating a Direct3D Device

Hello, I am writing a simple Direct3D program. Using message boxes I have isolated the point where my code fails. The compiler doesn't recognize any errors. My ...
[3 replies] Last: In line 2 you write if (d3d = NULL) which (as I'm sure you know) eff... (by Ogoyant)
I'm new, how do I code? :3

Hello Everyone, I'm just going to tell you that I am 14 years old and have never coded in my life. I want to learn but I don't know what's best way. I've heard...
[10 replies] Last: Just for clarity, the concept of a C++ 'for' loop is referred to in th... (by Ogoyant)
Text Editor...

is there any way i could make a text editor in c++??
[3 replies] Last: That link everybody here gives to folks wanting to learn Api coding ha... (by freddie1)
How to we get Apache port number

Hi, How do we get running Apache port number in my c++ program. any idea? thanks,
[2 replies] Last: +1 kbw. Specifically "netstat -a -b" to show all connections AND liste... (by Computergeek01)
createfile...

is there a way to open and read a file than write the same file but in a different name maybe? case IDB_TESTBUTTON: {...
[7 replies] Last: Edit: I see that sloppy9 has already mentioned this! is there a way ... (by andywestken)
long double: from mac to windows..

Hi all, I hope I can do a question about C programming in this forum; otherwise I apologize. I implemented a C program using my mac book. Now, my client w...
[4 replies] Last: thanks (by Sandro Gallo)
C++ MFC Property Wnd - Get changed property

I'm currently starting to learn MFC, and I'm now in the process of learning the property window. I can successfully create properties, but when the times...
[1 reply] : From what I just looked up ( MSDN ) - the WPARAM holds the ID of th... (by guestgulkan)
DX surface to HBITMAP

Hi guys Ok this is my last resort as repeated google searches either give me the opposite or nothing at all... I want to copy the bits of a DirectX surfac...
[2 replies] Last: because the application ( MS flightsimX) doesnt provide a way to draw ... (by Narutokun)
MS VC++: Theres Absolutely no way to learn...... (1,2)

I have searched far and wide for some sort of tutorial (not video), or reference 'encyclopedia' on how to use Microsoft's Visual C++ and have found absolutely n...
[21 replies] Last: Actually, you are trying making your app in the "Sponsored" way - whic... (by S G H)
VS 2003.net -> VS 2010

So, my issues is this: I've got some code that was written on vs 2003.net, and I have VS 2010 Ultimate. My issues isn't with the C++, it's with the compiler, an...
[9 replies] Last: I don't know what that * means. Try this please. For each project in... (by kbw)
by deXo
Shadow under homemade menus

You see them everywhere. Office 2003 uses them, most programs with a custom user interface have them and they are even available when creating a GUI application...
[6 replies] Last: Okay, but I also tried CS_DROPSHADOW on non-child windows, and it stil... (by deXo)
by zydgyy
about vs2012 and class static member

In my solution there are two projects,one is used as dll project,and one is client. in my dll a class has a class static member,and i initilize it in .cpp file...
[2 replies] Last: In addition to what what Aceix said - You will have to EXPORT the s... (by guestgulkan)
by Aceix
Using Scroll Bars

Hi, I'm trying to use a scroll bar(this is my first time) in my programme, but it does not display correctly at all, when I scroll down, and it annoys me mann!...
[1 reply] : Never mind...problem SOLVED!!!--Yeah! The changed areas(if anyone car... (by Aceix)
(Solved) Boost compiler errors on Windows (7) using Codeblocks

Found some instructions on http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=BoostWindowsQuickRef#Add_Boost_to_an_existing_project_in_Code::Blocks couldn't build it o...
[1 reply] : For more info: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15164.0.ht... (by Aceix)
System Vs STD

I am thinking about getting more into c++ GUI and was wondering what the "norm" is. Specifically on using "old" c++ code. For example I have a lot of classes th...
[3 replies] Last: "easy" is a subjective term. There are certainly ways to do GUIs with... (by Disch)
Winsock SMTP

I googled this quite a bit to no avail, so I'm not sure if it's possible, but I was wondering: Is it possible to create a server (using Winsock) that has the...
[4 replies] Last: SMS != to SMTP it does not use TCP\IP. You would need to contact a gat... (by Computergeek01)
MFC threading question

Hi, I am using C++ MFC and I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert :-). What I have is a thread drawMonitor which monitors when to draw and I would like it to...
[3 replies] Last: You should try to do your GUI updates from the main thread. You're as... (by kbw)
October 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.