Windows Programming - October 2013 (Page 5)

EAccessViolation in bcb6

Hi, I am writing a piece of code in bcb 6 using xercesc c++ 1.7.0 , Whenever i try to delete DOMParser object or call DOMParser methodes to parse a file it g...
[no replies]
Changing The Boot Order... Possible?

I've got a laptop with a broken screen, but it is still useable when I plug it to a TV screen. My problem is that I now want to change my boot order in the syst...
[2 replies] Last: Edit: actually, if all you want to do is change the default operating ... (by andywestken)
Need Algorithm for Instant chat application

I need algorithm for instant chat application, or a simple idea how can i design this application, any idea????
[4 replies] Last: Wrong place if you want to do it in c# (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Easy networking trouble in Win XP

Hi! I am trying to send tiny pieces of data over a TCP socket several times per second, while having the Nagle algorithm disabled (it is a time critical applic...
[2 replies] Last: Ideas?... (by Ramses12)
How do I open these files?

its been months since i did any comp-sci, so i am very rusty (wasnt too good in the first place, so you can imagine) How do I open the directory files my pr...
[1 reply] : You should probably be posting in the Unix Programming forum as you're... (by kbw)
Passing an Object and getting the return value from a thread call.

Hi, please check my code.. I want to pass a class object into a method of other class through a thread call, I tried but got the error can any one help me o...
[2 replies] Last: You can't do that. Remember a thread is a separate/parallel unit of ... (by kbw)
by Asdero
Problem with socket

Hi men! I have a problem with socket in visual studio When i run this code and sent with a client (the client isn't the problem) some byte, it start to write o...
[6 replies] Last: You need to fix that indentation or you'll never be quite sure what yo... (by kbw)
How do I start a child process and have it open a file?

I want to write a program that acts as an alarm clock. I intend to have it open Windows Media Player, and have it play a music file. Is it possible to use the C...
[16 replies] Last: The problem was WAY simpler than we thought folks. C++ forces you to u... (by SeaMoose)
by ScottA
Close a child window

Hello, I'm having trouble closing child windows. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple. But I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to close th...
[17 replies] Last: I found the code I needed. And was successful in closing the windows t... (by ScottA)
by Zamuel
Viewing HTML file problem

Hi, I'm converting an old program made originally on VS 6.0 to VS2010 and there is only one thing left that doesn't work. The program has an help menu wit...
[no replies]
Webcam Driver coding

So i have an old webcam which has drivers that only support win xp. It isn't just any webcam, it has this very nice night vision thing with IR leds so i wont be...
[5 replies] Last: Logitech QuickCam Messenger is the full name i think. Thre is no solut... (by Affected1)
How to read a text file that contains hex code and compare it with hex code in another text file???

Hi all, I need to search a text file for hexadecimal code from another text file... This is the situation ... I have two text files... search.txt and code.t...
[6 replies] Last: Okay, I want to read the text file as : file >> hex >> value; ... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
by print
reverse triangle problem

hi, have this reverse triangle that i cannot completely solve, hope to get some help. here's my code #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std...
[3 replies] Last: nvm.. I solved it already.. (by print)
by Limne
Playing PCM Samples

Hi, I'm trying to get started on some audio programming. I've written a program that synthesizes a PCM sample of a square wave. Now I'm wondering how I can get ...
[3 replies] Last: OpenAL is deprecated AFAIK. If you want to write .wav PCM data to dis... (by xismn)
by aggsyb
Detecting an image from a a database of images?

I Have not done any image work in c++, and I have only been programming for a few months now learning myself so not sure just how difficult this will be. I want...
[6 replies] Last: Still need help :P (by aggsyb)
Add a feature to a program?

Ok so been trying Google but been unable to find anything helpful. My question is this if you have a program and you wanted to add a feature? How would you do...
[10 replies] Last: In theory, if you can find an uncovered leak that would cause the appl... (by Ramses12)
Windows.h header file details

it would be a great help if somebody could breifly explain the uses of windows.h . Also tell about the features it offer.
[7 replies] Last: Umm if you're just after a fast and easy way to retrieve if the mouse ... (by Ramses12)
How to list current process and their path and kill a process by name???

Hi all, How can I list the current process along with their paths and also kill a process by its name as well as show its path to the user ??? Thankyou everyo...
[3 replies] Last: The code is basically the same, just need to add a timer or something ... (by modoran)
[Win32api] List Box with "Sections"

How do I create listbox that has "sections" (just like when you use explorer to browse folders in windows, so with the "name, date modified, type, size" bar), a...
[5 replies] Last: exactly, thanks! (by mekkatorqu)
error C2668: 'pow' : ambiguous call to overloaded function

hello im gettin this time of error when i convert my project from vs2003 to vs2010 i have changed <math.h> to <cmath> its not working please help me
[3 replies] Last: VS 2010 has overloaded pow(s): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library... (by keskiverto)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.