Windows Programming - October 2014

by vijkrr
wildchartomultibyte issue on applying registry settings.

Hi all, In one of my project I need to support UTF-8. Current code is using wcstombs where Chinese is not getting converted properly. I replaced the wcstombs...
[no replies]
Visual Studio 2013 Error C1083 Error loading type library/DLL

Hi all, I am new to MFC, and I have just inherited a MFC project. Apparently they use #import "file.dll" to include the dll, but the C1083 error appears whe...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/et4zwx34.aspx looks like it j... (by Esslercuffi)
Visual Studio 2013 error LNK1104: cannot open file 'kernel32.lib'

I'm absolutely new to windows programming (and Visual studio). When i try to build any project (VC++ or WIN32), i get the error: Visual Studio 2013 error LNK1...
[10 replies] Last: I just reinstalled VS2013, and all seems fine now. Thanks for the help... (by alterecho)
.net MVC accessing a radio button

Hi Everyone, I am trying to access radio buttons from a for each loop in my controller, but I am not sure how to grab the selected answers and use them in my c...
[1 reply] : I solved it thanks anyway (by Gkneeus)
SDL - Trouble with derivated classes

Hi at all! I'm making some kind of game just to learn the SDL library. I made two vectors where I respectively store pointers and some constants that I need. Al...
[5 replies] Last: You can, but in your way, you are able to NOT redefine one, and the de... (by S G H)
I have a problem in polymorphism with list STL

Please help me with a problem to solutions the polymorphism in this case... I have iterator of class Cliente and the class ClienteJuridico and ClienteNatural i...
[6 replies] Last: Heeeeey !!! yes ! this is a solution, thaks booradley60 and fcantor... (by rishardcarranza)
IStream System::Object^ question

Hi, I did a reference to a DLL and I am trying to use a method that requires a System::Object^ as a parameter. When I create the variable and call the met...
[4 replies] Last: thank you, let me check the links and I will post back my results. (by amontes65)
by cyneox
GetComputerName Not Returning

Hey guys, I am using GetProcAddress to simulate the Virtual Location of a function inside the dll "getcomputername()" of kernerl32.dll because apparently this f...
[3 replies] Last: @ OP: Notice the inclusion of the 'A' at the end of the function name ... (by Computergeek01)
Drag and click events, winapi

I have a window which I only use to display an image on screen (something like a splash screen) and I want to make it draggable and when it's clicked to get the...
[2 replies] Last: Yea, I probably got too used to general subforum that i forgot that th... (by zoran404)
by Erhy
GetMessage with lpMsg NULL, but it works - why?

Found a very simple code example which is working, but why? int APIENTRY WinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdSh...
[4 replies] Last: Thank You so much ! I will try to add the hook code in a windows app ... (by Erhy)
launch parameters

im trying to make a program launcher but I want the programs to launch with startup parameters. can someone help me?
[1 reply] : You can call http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/m... (by codewalker)
Databases

as many people know Battleye is known for having an insecure anti-hack. so I am in the middle of trying to create an anti-hack which completely works through a ...
[3 replies] Last: This is how to use MySQL on windows (binary and source code available ... (by modoran)
by tec23
How to make static variables not get automatically initialized with 0?

I know that if you declare something like this static int number; number will be automatically initialized to 0. Is there a way to make it so number doe...
[1 reply] : You have to assign it a value, you cannot change the default from zero... (by kbw)
SFML

Alright so i am working on a code for a game and i don't get what i am doing wrong , i am trying to cross two classes to where when the user presses a button th...
[1 reply] : The error tells me you gave your World class a constructor, but never ... (by Disch)
SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS, BatteryFlag returns 9 when charging.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa373232(v=vs.85).aspx if(msg->message == WM_POWERBROADCAST ) { SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS pwr; ...
[5 replies] Last: SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS pwr; GetSystemPowerStatus(&pwr); if (pwr.Battery... (by modoran)
Win32 - get the real name of a file

Hi, I'm looking for a way to get the real name of a file. I have the following file "C:\MY_file.txt". If I do CreateFile to open it with "C:\my_file.tx...
[5 replies] Last: Was in a hurry I apologize for my short answer. Thanks kbw for the sol... (by bernard0833)
C++ And Universal Apps

Since this is a Windows forum I thought I might not be TOO off topic. Looking toward the future, I was wondering if anyone knew what other things a C++ prog...
[no replies]
BitBlt() Bug with Backbuffer

Hey there, I have a window with a backbuffer and it's doing something strange and I don't understand how. When I present the backbuffer to the window it has...
[3 replies] Last: It's probably just for convenience. But this is not normal behavior, ... (by knn9)
by sambos
replace \ with \\ in string

Hi, I have a file's location stored in a System::String. E.g. String^ str = "C:\Test Folder\Test.rtf"; Note, this pathname is actually stored in a text fil...
[9 replies] Last: Hi Zhuge and kwb, I believe I have solved my problem. I am using ifs... (by sambos)
by jdmic
COM

Hi, I'm trying to do something like this... LPVOID pClassObj; if (condition 1) { CClass1 *pClassObj = new CClass1(); } else if (condition...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, you can do it, but the code won't look like that. Clearly, you're... (by kbw)
October 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.