Windows Programming - October 2017

by stav
linker error: cannot open input file 'er.obj'

Hi I'm trying to link against SDL2 using the VC compiler and the command line interface. I have a build.bat file which contains the following: cl "..\sr...
[3 replies] Last: ..apparently the linker flag isn't /linker but just /link Can't b... (by freddie1)
Automating FILE: port

I have a C++ application that prints labels to any Windows printer, as part of a production batch processing set. We have been requested not to print the lab...
[no replies]
Problems with binary file I/O

Hello, I am trying to make a program that sends a file from one computer to another, as a project for myself. The below code works fine for text files, but for ...
[8 replies] Last: That's right. fileline = bin; should be fileline.assign(bin, flen);... (by kbw)
OpenNN adding to a Visual C++ Studio 2017 Project

Good Night. My name is Hector Perez. I am an international student from Guatemala studying Computer Science and Music. I am very interested in using OpenNN f...
[7 replies] Last: I SOLVED IT! LOOK AT MY GIT REPO README.MD TO SEE HOW ! https://githu... (by hectorp)
by stav
why dont winmain parse a constant string?

hi, when i create a win32 project i use this main function: int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE instance, HINSTANCE prevInstance, LPTSTR command, int cmdShow); an...
[4 replies] Last: It is easy to fault MS for a lot of things, but this really isn’t on... (by Duthomhas)
Windows HUD/Overlay

I want to create a HUD/Overlay program to display things over the desktop and other programs (The info will come from external Linux servers, I already know how...
[2 replies] Last: What you are trying to do is a Bad Thing. Don't do that. Create a sep... (by Duthomhas)
Spritz (RC4) for different N

Hello everybody, I try to run the algorithm injection (successor RC4) with N = 8 (or different N). Property here already the appropriate functions with mod e...
[no replies]
Proper Windows 8-64 bit driver for Arduino Yun

Hello,I'm confused about the situation. I am trying to setup Arduino (https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/what-is-an-arduino) environment under Windows 8-64bit...
[no replies]
How to monitor Intel QuickSync GPU usage/load???

I am working with Intel QuickSync based GPU accelerated transcoding software (created by various sources), and I need to find a way to monitor the following for...
[no replies]
Need help

Hey, I am new in the programming world and I was wondering if anyone can help me to solve this problem. ( C++ ) thank you :) Write variable declarations for ...
[6 replies] Last: sorry, I posted my own question, please help me there (by queen13)
Newbie needs help with a project

Hey all, I am new to programming. Please be kind to me I am a 56 years old veteran who decided to go back to school to fulfill his wish. Now with that away, ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm guessing " each set of data is separated by 3 file " may be a typo... (by Chervil)
Message argument data types

I wonder if anyone can point me to a definitive list of the correct data types for the arguments of windows messages? I would also quite like to know the 'corr...
[10 replies] Last: No worries!!! Its been a fascinating conversation and we've certainly ... (by Lucian Valois)
cpprest SDK & json problem PLEASE HELP

Hi experts I try to get json from this link http://34.233.163.236:8080/dctm-rest/services with no success. I spent all day searching debuging and now I lose al...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry It is becouse the server allows only specific IP address so I ha... (by Tony321)
by wolley
<Windows.h> Add a reaction to the button click - display on the form an inscription from the text box

Hi! I have problems with the assignment, and our teacher is absolutely incompetent :((( Pleeease, help with 5 task (Add a reaction to the button click - display...
[3 replies] Last: But I haven't looked into it yet :((((((((((((((((((( (by wolley)
Windows Style-constant calculator.

I have very dim and foggy memories of there being a small tool that came with 'Visual C++ v4.0' for calculating window style values. If I remember correctly ...
[2 replies] Last: Many thanks indeed Thomas1965!!! That looks very close indeed to wh... (by Lucian Valois)
Get information from a server in c++

I want in my c++ program to get information from a server as a check. If the server returns 0 then the function exitapl() witch close the program is called and...
[no replies]
How to set int or double variable entered in editbox control

Ok i'm new to this win32 api (not MFC).So as my first project is a calculator. The question is how to get the int or double value of the editbox control. I have...
[19 replies] Last: They complement each other. The first is for learning, the second more... (by Thomas1965)
Need help making game engine

Hi my question is how to make my own game engine using the library windows.h and iostream only to render geometric figures
[5 replies] Last: As for rendering geometric shapes to the screen. I've had no luck wit... (by Thomas1965)
WinAPI Browser Control in a window

Hello again to everybody. I'm trying to view a GUI with a embedded HTML control (with the WinAPI). I've got a basic code for creating a window, but I don't k...
[8 replies] Last: It seems a bit much code to me... You've asked a very, very advan... (by freddie1)
CreateToolHelp32Snapshot Question

I recently started to learn about the windows API for Memory editing purposes. This game I am trying to write memory to requires you to get the module address...
[2 replies] Last: I did it another way without messing with psapi.lib. Used strcmp DW... (by baller56)
October 2017 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.