Windows Programming - September 2012 (Page 3)

VerQueryValue - Problem

Hi, i have a problem with one of my functions. In one of the last lines: if (VerQueryValue(lpVI, tszVerStrName, &lpt, (PUINT)cbBufSize)){ name = ...
[10 replies] Last: It is 0 at the moment, but its value will be changed after calling w... (by modoran)
by FrankK
CLicks on overlapping child windows

I have an unusual problem for which I can't find a solution via searches. I have a form-type screen consisting of text, checkboxes, buttons, etc. I need to temp...
[no replies]
WinSock Server; send HTML

I'm very familiar with C++, but I have little knowledge of HTML, so I apologize if my question seems trivial (and yes, I've googled it fairly extensively). S...
[no replies]
Problem trying to compile an rc file(Code::Blocks)

Im trying to compile an rc file in code::blocks but im getting some errors. Here's the file: #include "I:/Win32/Win32_SimpleMenu/resource.h" IDR_MYMENU M...
[3 replies] Last: If that doesn't work you have some kind of path problems we'll need to... (by freddie1)
Help me!!!

i want to know how to write a program have a function same as "PE Infect or Ramnit-G Virus".
[7 replies] Last: @Computergeek01 specific technique they're asking about works most o... (by IWishIKnew)
I need............

who can write a program have function send mail via SMTP using Gmail Account???
[3 replies] Last: With libcurl you can do this pretty easily, a working program is on th... (by modoran)
by Aceix
How to create a menu in visual studio 2010

Hi, I'm using visual studio 2010, and I don't know how to create a menu for my little programme, more info(pure WINAPI--not MFC)
[1 reply] : Yeah, never mind I solved my own problem...HAHAHAHA cause I needed it ... (by Aceix)
execut exe file and giving data

well , i have h.exe file. when i run it, it wait for user input 5 digit number then do something... i execute my file with system("h.exe") and i want my prog...
[1 reply] : If "h.exe" accepts input from the command line, or if you can re-write... (by Computergeek01)
Winsock2 - RECV not receiving in some context

Context of my problem: Using C++ ( on the client side ) I send a login with wrong parameter ( ON purpose ) and the server-side is sending me a logout message. I...
[no replies]
Using SO_REUSEADDR and SO_EXCLUSIVEADDRUSE ?

Hello C++ forums, I am an new to network programming i can create server and client very well but now as i am learning through MSDN to make make my networks s...
[3 replies] Last: It's all about binding the IP-address. I suggest that you may use the... (by coder777)
Windows API/Open GL Tutorials

I have been searching around for some sites for Open GL or Windows API tutorials , and I have only found these: http://nehe.gamedev.net/ - This site seems ...
[7 replies] Last: It looks like MSVS wants to have 'StdAfx.h' at the top of every source... (by Computergeek01)
Snapshot function..

#include <windows.h> // should be less than and greater than instead of \" int CaptureBMP(LPCTSTR szFile) { // Source HDC hdcScr, hdcMem; ...
[2 replies] Last: moved to Windows Section.. now answer please.. (by sigmablack)
Writing API in C++ for EE Project.

I need to write a program in API (i think) it needs to: 1) choose a window I will have open named "Objects Tree" 2) left click a certain place and then have a...
[1 reply] : (i think) WOW! Yes this is the right place but if you could start s... (by Aceix)
by Ch1156
Win 32 help please (1,2)

Ok so im following this tutorial online and i got stuck, i keep getting this error. C:\Users\Chay Hawk\Desktop\Win32\main.cpp|18|warning: 'typedef' was ign...
[21 replies] Last: If you're still following this ch1136 or whatever chapter you are, her... (by freddie1)
Calculator

Is there a way to write a program in such a way as to allow the user to type in the equation themselves? Similar to a graphing calculator. Example the user coul...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by David Goldman)
c++ code (console) to gui/windows app

Hi, I am a student, 12th standard. I recently made this program to solve a sudoku (enter numbers column wise and 0 for empty boxes) in Turbo C++ 3.0 (as it was...
[1 reply] : I don't know anything about windows, so I can only offer some style po... (by TheIdeasMan)
by xray
memory leak

Hi I have an issue with this code, it has memory leak. it is probably due to this FILENAME *arrFilename = (FILENAME *)malloc(10000 * sizeof *arrFilenam...
[3 replies] Last: because I don't know how to convert to UNICODE in here: for ( i ... (by xray)
Exploring logging scenarios for Windows Store apps

The patterns & practices team (http://msdn.microsoft.com/practices) is exploring the space of application development for Windows App Store and Windows 8. We ...
[no replies]
Displaying IPv4 address.

Hello Cplusplus, first time poster here. I've come with a question that will probably be a simple solution but it eludes me. What I'd like to do is use in...
[no replies]
Switch cases not executing.

Heya there, For some reason the variables don't seem to want to change when I click the menu item. Not sure how to get it working. At the start of my code...
[10 replies] Last: #1 PostQuitMessage() should be called in the WM_DESTROY handler and ca... (by andywestken)
September 2012 Pages: 12345... 8
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.