Windows Programming - September 2012 (Page 7)

by Curtis
Get Name of Current Thread

How do I retrieve the name of the current thread? C++ win console app using MS VS 2010 .net in m...
[1 reply] : C++ win console app using MS VS 2010 .net No, you are not using C... (by modoran)
Adding the Publisher to the manifest file in VS2010

I wrote a Win32 application in VS2010. When I run the .exe in windows 7 I get: "The publisher c...
[2 replies] Last: Please post here full content of your #pragma directive, as well as an... (by modoran)
trouble with Ws2tcpip.h file

Hi - I've reduced this code fragment as much as I can. It began as demo software for a socket cli...
[4 replies] Last: You are 100% right. I guess the example I pulled off the net is kind o... (by mzimmers)
BackgroundWorker problems

Hello guys, I'm having some problem and it's hard to me solve it. I'm using the BackgroundWorker com...
[no replies]
cl.exe unresolved external symbol

Just need to get in the know-how on building Win32 programs using the command line compiler cl. When...
[7 replies] Last: I understand that VS makefiles are now xml based, and the make program... (by Moschops)
Any good books out there

hey every one i have an question i am wanting to do network programming but the only problem is wher...
[3 replies] Last: KBW thanks also does any one about ebooks out there (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
by yesh11
Really advance C++ . How? please help

Hello there, I am still learning c++ and I find it really boring. Well I am still interested.So, ...
[3 replies] Last: I suggest after you learn all the basics of C++ and also some basic pa... (by acn)
by jnash
File in memory

Hi experts, I'm adding encryption functionality to existing program (plain c console app). It takes...
[1 reply] : it's not my program so I don't have rights to modify it. You cannot s... (by kbw)
Creating directories

I need help. I use win7, and I'm writing a program that will archive data. The last thing I need i...
[2 replies] Last: @IWishIKnew SHCreateDirectoryEx is available on windows 7, and after l... (by naraku9333)
I Need A Suggestion For A Function

Background Story : Earlier today in the beginners section of the forum a newer user asked a questio...
[6 replies] Last: As of right now I can't get the function to properly refresh the scree... (by Computergeek01)
Hide prog in notification barre

Hii everyone I want to know how to hide my program in the notification bar Thanks for readin...
[no replies]
close another window

haiiiiiiiiiii everyone I am asking if there is a function or a manner that close the window of o...
[4 replies] Last: will Thanks a lot (by Techno01)
by elgo
Making a console game into a window with #include <windows.h>

I couldn't find a good way to phrase the title. Here's what I want to do: I'm making a text-based g...
[2 replies] Last: To do any non-console GUI stuff, you are really going to start getting... (by Stewbond)
by ostar2
resource compiler throwing error on non existent code

I am have a problem with setting the version and file info on my application using version.rc(below)...
[8 replies] Last: No resolution too many problems with resource compiler under windows x... (by ostar2)
Borland C++ Component

Hello, I am working on a custom Borland C++ component which needs to send data to the form or at ...
[no replies]
Simple socket help!!

hey i am absolute begnier in network programming i am not very good at some parts of C++ and c any w...
[2 replies] Last: sorry and thanks i made it work by the way i did do it (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
Help me with this program

Recently, I came across a useful command for finding the file size in cmd. I just wanted to implemen...
[1 reply] : To get file size use win32api GetFileSize() directly. I do not know C+... (by modoran)
Windows Forms Program

Hello everyone, I am trying to write a program an I've gotten stuck. It is fairly simple. I hav...
[3 replies] Last: You can mix managed and unmanaged code, but it can be tricky. Change t... (by naraku9333)
Chinese letters

I made a program which opens a .txt file However when I open some txt file I get some chinese lette...
[12 replies] Last: nvm problem solved solution: I first stored text from file as ANSI s... (by Silvestar)
Can't install visual C++ without SP2...?

Hi, I recently tried to download Visual C++ 2010, but the installation keeps giving me an error abou...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll try this. (by UglyIgloo)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 5678
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.