Windows Programming - September 2013 (Page 4)

by Adonai
dirent.h not returning all items

Hi everyone, I am currently developing C++ applications using Visual Studio 9 and some QT tools. My dirent version is 1.13. I can't remember if I got this versi...
[4 replies] Last: FindFirstFile and FindNextFile are win32 APIs which dir command probab... (by modoran)
by Polaz
Absolute WINAPI Beginner - Just a quick question.

Okay, so I've gone over a couple of the tutorials at http://www.winprog.org/ and have come across something a tad confusing. If you were to exclude the default...
[3 replies] Last: @knn9 Thank you so much for clearing that up - although, I do feel l... (by Polaz)
SFML-Cant make it run

Hello everyone, I am trying to install SFML but I cant. I am doing everything in the tutorial for code::block but it compiles but gives that error when I tr...
[4 replies] Last: I had this happen to me with SFML and Mingw as well. You need to updat... (by Computergeek01)
Transparent Window with Direct2D

How do you create a window which is transparent and borderless while being able to draw with Direct2D onto the screen? When I set the window style to WS_EX_LA...
[no replies]
How to get ID number of focused window?

I created a variable and 100 text edit windows like such: int focus_id; for(int n = 0; n < 100; n++) numbox = CreateWindow("EDIT", NULL, WS_CHILD | W...
[5 replies] Last: Oops, I don't know why, but I didn't see Andy's post before I wrote my... (by Khatuni)
Quick GetAsyncKeyState Question

Hello all! I'm new here and I gave a quick question about the GetAsyncKeyState function. I ripped someone else's code for a keylogger as I use one on my compute...
[10 replies] Last: because isn't -32767 equal to -0x7fff not 0x8001? Just pointing out,... (by S G H)
Question: windows.h

Is windows.h available on macs or is there no easy way to play audio on mac? Only thing I use windows.h for: audio.
[2 replies] Last: +1. It is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac. BASS is also available... (by S G H)
cannoct convert from const wchar_t[12] to LPCSTR

I am getting this error and I don't know what's wrong, here's the code sample #include <Windows.h> LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPAR...
[4 replies] Last: When working with the Windows API, I would normally use MultiByteToWid... (by andywestken)
by knn9
Is it normal for windows to create a bunch of threads for my program?

Just wondering why task manager shows my program starting with 2 threads and then jumping to 16 when I create another thread. Hoping this is normal behavior and...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah.. I notice now that it jumps to 16 threads as soon as I open a fi... (by knn9)
How to give an edit box focus on application startup

I'd like to give an edit box focus when my program starts but I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Everything I've found uses something like TEXTBOXNAME.Foc...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, are using MFC? EDIT: I was assuming WinAPI, sorry. EDIT 2: Just n... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Help with Windows combobox.

Hey everyone. I am working on learning how to make some different controls with win32 and at the moment I amt trying to make a combobox with small images next ...
[no replies]
MSG msg

I'm a trying to do something with Win32, can anyone tell me what the newxt line of code does? MSG msg = { };
[3 replies] Last: And the = { }; is initializing it to zero. Same as if you'd used M... (by andywestken)
How to take Screen Shot C++

Hi, I am trying to take screen shot, can someone tell me using code please becuase all ones I tried don't even work. Thanks in advanced
[6 replies] Last: The call to CreateCompatibleBitmap on line 30 does looks a bit suspici... (by andywestken)
by knn9
Any ideas how to speed up my program?

I am writing a program that can load sounds, pictures, and video files from zip archives. Basically it searches a zip for files with supported extensions, extra...
[2 replies] Last: What's the size of your source images? Pretty big(2MB+ ^^). I don'... (by knn9)
Mic sound capture in windows using c/c++

As part of a project I have to capture sound input through mic, to do some signal processing and would like to store the resulting sound in windows using c/c++...
[2 replies] Last: Do you need your signal processing program to do the capture? Or coul... (by andywestken)
by xakzi
From text file to combobox to textbox

Hello! I code in windows form application c++ and need help with following: I have the following code inserted to read the a file: std::fstream myfile; ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry, have edited my topic as I was not clear what I needed help with... (by xakzi)
ADO Programming: Use consecutives getChuck

Hi! I'm programming an ADO (MSAccess) driver for a geospatial application. To read/write the geometries I use the adLongVarBinary datatype. The problem oc...
[no replies]
SDL and map issues

How can I fix this code? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #include <windows.h> #include <fstream> #include "SDL.h" #include <map> u...
[18 replies] Last: Why not? You'll need winwar to download many files. It's pretty light... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by aggsyb
Making a selection to match an image?

Ok I am still pretty new to c++ and have not used the Cimg lib but I am guessing it will be the easiest way to do this. I was wondering how I can do the fol...
[no replies]
remove() is not working :(

I have thoroughly studied the remove() function documentation, and have gone through a lot of webpages as to how to delete files, but to no avail. I have one...
[13 replies] Last: Ah, that is a very good idea. That actually make a lot of sense, thank... (by NanoBytes)
September 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.