Windows Programming - September 2014

DrawPrimitive Function {D3D}??

I dont understand the third parameter in this function.. The prototype of the function is this: HRESULT DrawPrimitive( D3DPRIMITIVETYPE PrimitiveType...
[1 reply] : cmon anybody? (by novellof)
by sambos
running powerpnt.exe with button click

Hi, Is there a straight forward way to run powerpnt.exe (or any other office program for that matter) via a windows from program. e.g. Form1 has one button. W...
[7 replies] Last: Like kbw said, if all you need to do is open PowerPoint, then ShellExe... (by freddie1)
incerement & decrement vs. inc & dec

i remember recently disassembling a for loop, i was pretty sure Masm assembler will translate i++ operation into inc or something similar, but what it actuall...
[5 replies] Last: I'm dubious that incrementing a memory location directly works as writ... (by Zhuge)
DirectX9 Changing Colors of Vertices

How can I change the colors during run time? #include <windows.h> #include <windowsx.h> #include <d3d9.h> #define SCREEN_WIDTH 800 #define SCREEN...
[1 reply] : Ok so i put the init_graphics function inside the render function and ... (by novellof)
Handling messages in Windows

hey guys, i wanna create an object of my own, that will proccess usual messages like WM_MOUSEMOVE, or WM_LBUTTONDOWN,how do i code a massage handler like this? ...
[10 replies] Last: But if you are willing to work 'inside the box' instead of out of it, ... (by freddie1)
create permission for one event

hi every one i have one question. i want to create event with security that other process can not take handle from it. and i can get handle from my event i...
[1 reply] : Could you clarify what you mean by "other processes can not take handl... (by Computergeek01)
Hexagon Buttons: The right way

Hi I'm working on a tool that basically generates a hex grid and the user can click on the hexes to cycle through certain states (Enemy, ally etc). I'm also ne...
[1 reply] : It's not clear what you need help with exactly(drawing the hexes, repr... (by knn9)
How do you output a Variable?

I want to see the values that are being passed...Just for my own curiosity I would like to see what the value for WM_CREATE is...I would like to output that to ...
[8 replies] Last: Really, if you are wanting to learn Windows Programming, DrawText(), T... (by freddie1)
by q139
How to

Hello, I am making a program on QT and use line above to read memory value, however id like to convert LPVOID from string, have done googleing and tests but no ...
[1 reply] : You should use a cast, a reinterpret_cast or a C cast. You do it in t... (by kbw)
Error in CodeBlocks working with "windows.h" library - "undefined reference to winmain@16"

Hello. I am working with CodeBlocks and "windows.h" library on windows. #ifndef UNICODE #define UNICODE #endif #include <windows.h> LRESULT CALLBACK ...
[3 replies] Last: +1 @ Zhuge. You're using some weird version of WinMain that your tool... (by Disch)
Microphone Boost

Hello everybody. Thankyou very much
[1 reply] : Hello everybody. I used to vb.net and a newbie in Visual C++2012. I ... (by Computergeek01)
by wlock
InternetUrlCrack() function

Hello guys, I've got a little problem with this function when I'm trying to crack my URL in URL_COMPONENTS structure, the value of HostName and urlPath members...
[3 replies] Last: The Problem solved and I'm Gonna share it here :D it's so obvious tha... (by wlock)
Initializer List {Solved}

I am aware that the use of a colon runs the base class constructor but this does not have a base class it looks like...This is a code snippet from Frank D Luna,...
[5 replies] Last: You would call the base class constructor whenever the base class requ... (by Computergeek01)
how to calculate number of camparision in selection sort?

kindly tell me where and how to put comparision condition in order to caculate total number of comparision in selection sort static void selectsort(in...
[3 replies] Last: Correction: total number of comparison in selection sort = (n-1)+(n-2... (by anup30)
inline assembly problem.

Hello. I am having a VS 2010 debug problem. It seams to think it is wrong to pop things off the stack. I had to switch to VS 2010 and now am having with probl...
[2 replies] Last: igor1985 Thanks for the response. But the stack as you are explaining ... (by steamerandy)
by sambos
Writing / appending to a specific line in text file

Hi, With the help of some cplusplus.com users, I was able to work out how to read a specific line of text within a text file and display this in a richTextBo...
[6 replies] Last: check out SetFilePointer() API. you can point to a particular offset i... (by igorbez)
How to get the handle of context-menu(right click) in notepad ?

Hi All, I'm new to windows programming. I'm able to get the handle of "notepad window" using hwnd = GetForegroundWindow(); // notepad is the foreground...
[no replies]
by ushacy
defining a macros in makefile and using those macros in c file

Hi am new to these makefiles, i have to access a macro defined in makefile to other .c files in my project. I have tried it by doinf CFLAGS -D option but it is...
[1 reply] : CFLAGS += -DADC_MODULE=1 (by kbw)
COM querying Interfaces

Interface* pAnotherInterface; IcomPtr->QueryInterface(IID_Interface, (LPVOID*) &pAnotherInterface); Why do we need (LPVOID*) then &pAnotherInterface ?? Why...
[1 reply] : Why do we need (LPVOID*) then &pAnotherInterface ? void* is a poin... (by kbw)
How to increase priority of MIDI input callbacks? (thread pools)

Hi, I'm the author of a (free) realtime MIDI software called ChordEase which makes use of the MIDI aspects of the multimedia API, specifically MIDI input cal...
[no replies]
September 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.