Windows Programming - September 2015

Open URL and use an add on (plugin) extension

Greetings, Here is my original post that includes the main problem which I am currently trying to approach. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/173738/ How...
[no replies]
please fix it for me guys!

hello , I am compeletly new in c++ I wrote program but I can`t run it I got several problems , please fix it for me. propuse of this program is that it give you...
[3 replies] Last: new update with allitle change http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginne... (by yaser99911)
Why won't this play sound? Very annoyed..

PlaySound("C:\\Users\\MyName\\Desktop\\bird.wav", NULL, SND_ASYNC); is the line which plays the sound so, the sound im trying to play is a .wav file and it is...
[4 replies] Last: I remember the font being very bad in the error output panel. He proba... (by S G H)
by JekasG
C++ Win32 FPS and DeltaTime Implementation

I'm trying to implement FPS and DeltaTime for my program (C++ Win32). Below is the current code that I have. FPS and DeltaTime should have implemented int the r...
[1 reply] : Look I don't know what the problem is as I am only starting off but wh... (by Generalbiiff)
Question Regarding Quadratic Program

My computer science teacher has instructed us to create a quadratic formula program. I am fine with everything except how to avoid this in the guidelines! Any i...
[1 reply] : Is the file in the same directory as your program? (by KelvinS687)
FindFirstFile() malfunctions when first operand ends with "\My Documents\"

I am building Win32 apps using MS VS 2010 C++ Express on a HP laptop running 64-bit Win 7 Professional. I have a utility that creates directory trees and...
[1 reply] : Win7's Document structure is stupid. The actual directory name is "Do... (by Disch)
Synchronous or asynchronous execution of a DLL

Hi. I encounter a problem with the following DLL : #include <windows.h> #include <string> using namespace std; void __stdcall MYFUNCTION(long anynu...
[2 replies] Last: Hi hbq0449. Thank you for your advice. Do you mean that working with... (by richardv)
Why won't this tween the textlabel smoothly?

case WM_COMMAND: if(LOWORD(wParam) == 1){ DestroyWindow(button); for(float a=20; a<50; a=a+.5){ ...
[no replies]
Handler for Switch User on Windows 7

Hello, I am working on a 32 Bit Windows 7 application that uses open GL. We have ran into a problem where, when the user presses the windows key and select...
[no replies]
MSVS 2013 Update the GUI Every 5 seconds

Hello, I would like to update my GUI form every 5 seconds, but the only way I know how to do this is with a button click event. However, if I used a butt...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your answer Andy (andywestken), you solved the problem. ... (by supracharger)
by AcarX
Hooking directx and changing resolution

I'm trying to set resolution of an application and set windowed mode to true. I found a visual studio project which included all d3d9.h functions and it was cre...
[7 replies] Last: Well I was abled to achieve a playable windowed mode. But since I'm ad... (by AcarX)
win32 API- Image Toggling problem

Hello. I am beginner in win32 API programming. I am sending some data from server to client by using socket programming (UDP protocol) and threading. By doing ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah I am using WM_PAINT and I tried the InvalidateRect command also. ... (by mandar678)
Migrating from ODBC to ADO in legacy code.

Hi all. That's my first issue in this forum. I have to migrate the system's data access to SQL Server 2008 from ODBC to ADO. Did somebody do something like t...
[1 reply] : Well, you would need to be familiar with both ODBC database access and... (by freddie1)
by ltc
Need the help about COM Server

I'm writing a COM server exe using CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER as below. 1. COM server: . Use IDL language to define a interfaceID, classID. . Call CoRegiste...
[11 replies] Last: The proxy-stub is a DLL (actually, it can be two - a proxy and stub - ... (by andywestken)
ShellExecute Unknown issue

I'm having trouble with ShellExecute(). when i directly type the program name, it works fine code: int nRet = (int)ShellExecute(0, L"open", L"notepad+...
[1 reply] : nvm i fixed the issue. it was a conversion error. here is the new co... (by closed account S864GNh0)
c++ HWND Win32 array problem

ok so heres something that keeps happening to me and I can't figure out why it does this but I have a list of controls within an array to make the code easier t...
[5 replies] Last: ok I dont know what happened but I turned my computer back one, recomp... (by Michael Lathberry)
Need assistance with creating a program to calculate monthly mortgage payment

I need some help on creating this program. Here is my code so far. I would like to have the formula for the monthly mortgage payment into one C++ statement....
[no replies]
Run Program Within Program?

Ok, the title sucked, but whatever. In HTML we have the <iframe> which allows us to show a web page within a we page. I was wondering if it's possible to ha...
[7 replies] Last: Hi dwarak17, My question actually refers to running a program within t... (by Homberto)
Changing data into an audio mode

Well I want to change a set of integers and encode them into an audio file or audio in general and be able to decode them later. How would the best way to appro...
[no replies]
Why can't i use the function in the cmath

Hello everyone! I use VS 2008 and write a simple program: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main () { double x = 5.0; dou...
[2 replies] Last: It would be better to get visual studio 2015 and re write the code in ... (by thatbloke)
September 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.