Beginners - August 2020 (Page 8)

by sparki
Variadic templates c++17

Hi, I have been stuck on actually reversing the order of the sequences of exponents of 2 below for quite some time now. I hope someone is able to help. So, I sh...
[5 replies] Last: @sparki A multi-templated/variadic/multi-method/recursive structure an... (by againtry)
How to make functions like this, asking user to input on different function and calculate on another function

Don't judge me, I am just a beginner and want to know why it is not working? If you can explain me the solution, in easy way. How to add the two numbers and get...
[8 replies] Last: Repeater Thank you very much!!! now I get it. I understand both of the... (by Learner2016)
Help regarding vtable and virtual functions

Hello, I expect the compiler to throw an error because virtual functions are defined in both the super and sub classes but it doesn't. Even if that isn't so, I ...
[7 replies] Last: This is all gobbledegook which hardly serves any purpose. Base *bp is... (by againtry)
Small String Cleanup?

Hey All, Beginner question. I am writing an app that will need a lot of short strings. It would be inconvenient to save a pointer to each to allow for them t...
[4 replies] Last: > Beginner question. I am writing an app that will need a lot of short... (by salem c)
Struct and Void functions (1,2)

I am trying to write a program that takes wind speed from an input file and convert it to the category of hurricane. The text file has other info and I think ...
[30 replies] Last: Oops ... in the struct but class/struct same/same (by againtry)
by jerryd
pointer to an inherited member

cplusplus forum, I have a pointer problem/question. class BASE { public: string str ; string str1 ; }; class Inherited : public BASE { p...
[4 replies] Last: @jerryd You haven’t specified, or perhaps even considered, how value... (by againtry)
Sorting an array by multiple factors

Hello, I was trying to see if anyone can take a look at my code(I apologize in advanced if my title is misleading in any way - been a very long night). I am try...
[9 replies] Last: @shawnphi I flagged the i,j problem in my post. It is in my line 137 w... (by againtry)
by shoo11
C4047 '>' const int differs in level of indirection from int

I do not understand what this error message means. What is wrong with this code? int getMax(const int* pArray, size_t len) { const int * pArrayEnd =...
[2 replies] Last: @shoo11, C4047 is a warning about levels of indirection, potential typ... (by againtry)
August 2020 Pages: 1... 678
  Archived months: [jul2020] [sep2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.