Purchase C/C++ license

I wish to purchase a license to MS C/C++ 2017 professional edition, without other aspects of Visual Studio 2017. Is it possible to do that? If so, how?
Last edited on
https://www.mychoicesoftware.com/collections/filter-microsoft-visual-studio?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=visual-studio-2019&gclid=CjwKCAjwxo6IBhBKEiwAXSYBs972KWnJgQVr4vgHjOi0FoqzEbReAaehp9SsaQ2IvR-80R5FreSuVRoCZSoQAvD_BwE

just an example site, it has VS 2017 pro at 400($USA) currently.

I highly recommend if you are going to do this, either get 2019 and upgrade it later or wait a little longer using the free one as a new version is due 'soon'
buying 2017 when 1) c++ language 2020 update won't be supported and 2) it will be 2 versions old soon, that is a lot of money for an antique .... I strongly advise against it. I am unaware of anything 2017 pro can do that 2019 cannot..
Last edited on
If you need a professional edition of VS look into VS 2022. Not yet officially released yet, it is still in preview. But it will be the most recent edition released.

VS 2019 may have full C++20 compliance, but it won't be updated with any changes or bug fixes that are done to the standard at a later date. VS 2022 will be updated.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.