General C++ Programming - January 2021

OpenGL expects 4 bytes per index - I have 2 bytes per index

I've read a gltf2 (.glb) file into memory on the heap. And I've determined where the index data for my mesh is and have got a pointer to it, now I want to pass...
[6 replies] Last: Lol, sorry about the mess. Yes, ptr not meshes . My mind wandered ... (by jonnin)
by frek
C++ Embedded Programming

My purpose is to learn C++ embedded programming practically. What tools do I need please? What resource which uses modern C++ do you suggest for starting learn...
[18 replies] Last: IIRC DOS had 8.3 file names. Base name 8 characters and 3 characters ... (by George P)
by VoB
Explicit instantiation:a minimal example

Duplicated post: see link in first answer
[4 replies] Last: How can I do? I can't find any delete option. I think that after one r... (by VoB)
by VoB
Constant iterator for a Binary Search Tree

Hi everyone, I'm implementing a Binary Search Tree and I need to write my own iterator in order to move from a Node to another. I need to implement also a cons...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks @FerryGuy. So it's just just for readability. So, the third fu... (by VoB)
Bank Management Queue problem

I dont know how to delete the post
[1 reply] : ¿so you copy-past your assignment and expect us to do what? ¿what is... (by ne555)
access non static member function

I am trying to implement a very simple dictionary, one that will store a pointer to a member function, along with a key to find and return or call that pointer....
[17 replies] Last: [quote=mbozzi]Why do you need the D*? Is this not sufficient, or are y... (by daytooner)
Synchronisation between folders

I want to synchronize two folders/directories. The constrains are follow: 1) Each folder should have at least all files/subfolders from the target source f...
[3 replies] Last: Can you get this to list the files on the devices: #include <iostre... (by dutch)
How program takes input of 7 each time via cin?

I got code via link in a post at stackoverflow ( https://stackoverflow.com/a/10907207/3693431 ), but unable to understand how in the code, a fixed value of 7 is...
[4 replies] Last: > But, have an additional issue. If specify no value in Standard input... (by JLBorges)
by SSDEEZ
dynamically allocate input from text file into struct array

I'm trying to dynamically allocate information from a text file using a structure. The console keeps printing out large numbers instead of what I need it to fr...
[13 replies] Last: That's strange. You can PM me your code and input file if you want. Or... (by dutch)
Help selecting largest value from a txt file

Hello, i'm looking for a bit of guidance on an issue i have. I'm building an application that can read weather data from a .txt file. I have built my menus wh...
[3 replies] Last: This is heavy-going obtaining the data. There's an easier way. Conside... (by seeplus)
Memory layout of Simple class (struct)

Dear experts, I have shallow knowledge about memory layout of class, such as alignment, and member function is placed on like static memory area. I think...
[6 replies] Last: Dear JLBorges Thank you for your precise answer. I will try some per... (by Mitsuru)
by ksan
Constexpr polymorphic collection

In order to capture metadata about a collection of types that's fixed at compile time, I'd like to store polymorphic descriptors to allow functions to be define...
[1 reply] : Which language standard does your codebase obey? (by mbozzi)
Yet another take on "using namespace std;" (1,2)

So, I've dutifully not (for once) coded "using namespace std;" and I've dutifully (for once) stuck "std::" in front of a standard library routine so as not to h...
[23 replies] Last: > It makes it hard to know what to include at times when switching com... (by JLBorges)
by Hobing
Data types and their byte size

Hello, Is there a way print a list of data types and making a loop to find the size of each data types, with out manually typing the name of the data type and...
[1 reply] : Something like this, perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <typeinfo... (by JLBorges)
by frek
Why is C still that more popular than C++!?

Please delete this thread
[16 replies] Last: dutch , Simply don't send him any help in the future...there's no ne... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by frek
Constructing an argument for two functions for their being equivalent

The question is belonging to the two functions find_1 and find_2 , and says: Are you sure those two definitions are logically equivalent? How would you be ...
[3 replies] Last: Any memory leak is potentially a big issue if it happens repeatedly, a... (by Ganado)
Executable (or library) binary file for each running environment

Dear experts I would like to ask you the criteria that specify executable (or library) binary file can run in each environments. This is for the purpose of r...
[5 replies] Last: Dear helios Thank you so much for your opinion. OK, I keep in mind t... (by Mitsuru)
Right to left isolate string

I am facing a tough problem with Farsi unicodes. I have an std::wstring s = (L"\u0634\u0646\u0628\u0647"); which is a Farsi word. When I debug it, I see that...
[2 replies] Last: Looking around, it looks like the WIndows console doesn't support bidi... (by dutch)
by Kmpck
Question about accessing class private variables

Hi guys! Trying to study here and I have come across something my C++ book is not mentioning about class private variables. My code: .H #ifndef HANNAH_H #d...
[3 replies] Last: The C++ standards committee is working overtime to make sure we can hi... (by jonnin)
by PeteDD
Interface Classes and inheritance on top of existing libraries

I have found great utility in having an interface class around a class or hierarchy of inherited classes. I am now trying to build a system where I have an un...
[4 replies] Last: Worked great! Here is a TinkerCAD demo of this combination of wrapper... (by PeteDD)
January 2021 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [dec2020] [feb2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.