Skype [C++ Benders]

Pages: 123
Hello

Foxefde here,just wanna offer you to join our community,skype chat.We mainly discuss about C++ ,2D,a little bit 3D ,but ,of course ,we aren't used to avoiding other topics related to IT,other things, too!We've became a little bit inactive,as studying year started,so we would love to have more IT power in our group.

Everybody,that is interested in programming and is able to communicate in English,is welcome.

Skype Mantasxxl3
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
bump
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Is this active?
Yes
Bump
Please stop bumping what is essentially an advertisement for a skype group. Don't bump in general. If you don't have content to add, don't post.

We saw it. Anyone who is searching for it may find it. The community doesn't need to see the inactive topic at the top of the list because you can't bear to see it fall off the first page.
Well, somebody is in a bad mood.... Anyway, we are still trying to get more members in the group. Do u think that people will be looking at the 3rd or 4th page? It is way more likely that we will get an answer if it is on the first page. And, is it really that big of deal seeing this near the top of the list?
Anyway, we are still trying to get more members in the group. Do u think that people will be looking at the 3rd or 4th page? It is way more likely that we will get an answer if it is on the first page.

If you want to advertise, pay for an advertisement.

And, is it really that big of deal seeing this near the top of the list?

It must be for you, or you wouldn't be bumping it.
It must be for you, or you wouldn't be bumping it.

Uhm...I think you do:
The community doesn't need to see the inactive topic at the top of the list

I think you are smart enough to know why we want it closer to the top.
Answer:
So more people will se it.

EDIT: Fixed bad grammer.
Last edited on
I think you are smart enough to know why we want it closer to the top.
Answer:
So more people will se it.

I had hoped you were smart enough to read the entire post:
Thus, "if you want to advertise, pay for an advertisement."
Cire is right, though. This thread is devoid of content and has virtually no scope for constructive discusion.

retsgorf297 wrote:
It is way more likely that we will get an answer if it is on the first page

Yes, and it is way less likely that any constructive thread that happened to be at the bottom of the first page will get one because by by bumping this thread, you've pushed one onto the second page, and another onto the third page, and so on.

is it really that big of deal seeing this near the top of the list?

Yes. If a thread is interesting to people, it will get bumped naturally through discussion and when the discussion ends because no-one has anything new to say, the thread will fall down through the pages until it gets archived and can no longer be posted in. By bumping a thread, not only do you artificially extend its lifespan, but you also decrease the lifespan of other threads. It disturbs the ecosystem of the forum. If this forum was Mesoamerica, you'd be the Spanish Conquistadors, destroying the noble Aztecs and Mayans with an unfair advantage. Get lost, Cortés.
closed account (1v5E3TCk)
And I hope that you are smart enough to not to argue about something like that.
I did. I'm smart (YAY!! :D (I already knew that, btw ;P)). But why pay for something when this way is free? There is nothing wrong with asking this here. If it is ok to talk about Barbie, etc. in the lounge, I think we can post this.

EDIT: Added a space where it was needed.
Last edited on
Post, yes. Bump repeatedly, no, because, again, there's no content and no discussion and this is, after all, a discussion forum.
it will get bumped naturally through discussion and when the discussion ends because no-one has anything new to say, the thread will fall down through the pages until it gets archived and can no longer be posted in.

Yes, I agree. But, this isn't something that has "discussion". People PM instead for topics like this.

Yes, and it is way less likely that any constructive thread that happened to be at the bottom of the first page will get one because by by bumping this thread, you've pushed one onto the second page, and another onto the third page, and so on.

Ok, I have to admit this.

If this forum was Mesoamerica, you'd be the Spanish Conquistadors, destroying the noble Aztecs and Mayans with an unfair advantage. Get lost, Cortés.

Eh ehm, that wasn't to nice... :P

And I hope that you are smart enough to not to argue about something like that.

I am simply defending myself and the others in the group.
I did. I'm smart (YAY!! :D(I already knew that, btw ;P)).

Then one wonders why you didn't act like it.

But why pay for something when this way is free?

Why pay for a billboard or sign if you can tag a building you don't own?

There is nothing wrong with asking this here. If it is ok to talk about Barbie, etc. in the lounge, I think we can post this.

Discussion is perfectly fine. Bumping your contentless advertisement is not.
Why pay for a billboard or sign if you can tag a building you don't own?

[sarcasm]Great idea! I'll be back in a minute. I'm going downtown to so something (there's a lot of buildings there that I don't own).[/sarcasm]
closed account (1v5E3TCk)
advertisement

As it is not for selling, publishing etc. I dont think it is an advertisement.
^+1 for senhor
retsgorf297 wrote:
this isn't something that has "discussion"

That is exactly the problem.
Pages: 123