Do you happen to know more unique, even cultural, pencil and paper games?

closed account (367kGNh0)
(Yes " @Furry Guy " and " @Satan ", I am going to speak like that again, just shrug it off)

When merged, the pencil and paper can achieve that which is remarkable. Though entertaining or time passing, pencil and paper game are inefficient, wasteful and therefore, less worthy to survive. So I am currently making an app, with all these simple yet thought-provoking games, the choice of which of the many games that the app will possess falls upon me and you, please list all the pencil and paper games you know, Currently I plan to include

TicTacToe

Hangman

Dots & Boxes
Last edited on
Drawing telephone (you draw something, the next person writes a description of that drawing, the next person draws that description, etc)
Any on how it can be made into an offline game?
For Telephone: After a turn tell the user to pass the mouse/keyboard/phone to the person next to them? (It would be more simple as a phone app since you could draw with your finger rather than the mouse...)

Are you planning this as a GUI program or keeping it all in console?

Are you willing to take other games into consideration?
(like rock-paper-scissors) - a player is given the three buttons and secretly chooses one, passes to next player who does the same at which point the winner is revealed. Loop several times for 2 out of 3, and of course the required option of "going 3 out of 5", and "4 out of 6" even after a clear winner has been shown. <- the only way my 7 year old niece will play.

Last edited on
It could work out just fine newbieg, it really could, but the thing is, the point of the app (it is gui) is for it to be opened on a train or bus, for somebody to play alone :) sorry.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.