• Forum
  • Lounge
  • How To Quench My Thirst For CS Without A

How To Quench My Thirst For CS Without A Compiler

Pages: 123
A week or two ago I lost access to any type of compiler and it has been driving me crazy and I don’t know what to do and I really need something does anyone have any idea of a thing I could do literally anything please I’m dying here where’s the nearest fucking bridge
You have a computer, right? Download one.
Nope.
A) downloads blocked
B) I have an IPad.
Can I assume you're a university student?
If so, does your CS department have their own *NIX server so students can work remotely? If so, you should have a username and password for it. All you would need is an SSH application. I believe there should exist one on the app store. All you'll need thenis a Bluetooth keyboard + mouse, that is, unless you like typing using the screen.
Sadly I am not a CS university student. Also I cannot get an ssh app. That would have been an awesome idea though. :/

I do like typing on the screen, of only because it’s easier for me, but at times I find my self limited: for example not having the esc or ctrl or alt keys.

Edit: Oops. I meant University not CS lol.
Last edited on
:/ I think ya’ll are taking this wrong. I’m not asking you how to get a new compiler or compile my code, because believe me I have sought and sifted through every possibility in my limited options through which I can do so. All I was asking for was a good way to spend the time

WITHOUT A COMPILER

lol. That is the only solvable problem I have rn. Trust me. I probably should have put that in the OP sorry bout that lol.
Yes, I've given you LINKS TO COMPILERS ONLINE!

Type your code into them ... and away you go!

If you don't want to code ... read a good book!
Last edited on
... sorry I made my post a bit yelly, what I mean is I cannot access those. It’s generally in good reason to assume I cannot access anything. As I said, I’ve tried to find a way to get a compiler. I know perfectly well that compilers online exist, I simply cannot access them, since they are blocked. All of them. I would go read a good book but I can’t really go to the library and get a book because COVID-19.
None of this is to say I don’t truly appreciate the lengths to which you have gone to get me some many choices of compilers. Thank you.
I’m pretty sure I just threw an impossible task in your face I’m sorry y’all.
Sadly I am not a university student.
So, what are you then?
You don't even have some shared family computer?
And every single online compiler is blocked, but random sites on the internet like cplusplus.com aren't? Doubt.
Last edited on
Technically we have a computer that my brother and I should be able to both use, but really it’s just him and I never touch it because he is always on it just like I’m usually on my iPad coding. As for "random" sites: my entire family is a bunch of software engineers, so they were more than willing to let me have “random” sites like this site and also my ide and S.O. At least at first they were :/
Last edited on
This makes no sense.
Your entire family are software engineers, but they won't buy you your own desktop or laptop computer, and they block access to something like an online compiler?
@Ganado I agree, but it is how it is... I can access any pdf I want though, which is nice. Kind of.

@helios yes.
Ganado wrote:
This makes no sense.

That usually happens when only one side of the story is told. Something else is going on, teenage angst with very possible "I hate YOU!" rebellion is coloring the one view we do have.
@furryguy yes. The fact of the matter remains though. I don’t have access to those things.
they are blocked. All of them

if cppreference.com isn't blocked, you can click Run on any example there, then edit it to arbitrary code and run again.
Cpp reference is blocked.

Does anyone have a good idea of what to do without a compiler?
Pages: 123