Articles?

Pages: 123
I just tried to post an article, and it says it's "submitted for review."

https://www.cplusplus.com/articles/LTbq5Di1/

It's been "submitted for review" for almost a month now. Has anyone else encountered really long wait times regarding articles before? I noticed the last article was posted in 2016, so I'm wondering if the admin haven't been approving articles for a while?
It is not likely the admin will ever get around to approving submissions since he(?) is for the most part an absentee landlord. Paying the bill and occasionally watching how things run.

The last approved article was in 2016.
Maybe just post the article in the General Programming forum?
Agreed, Consider "Articles" to be closed. It is quite dead.
Also your link gives us this
ACCESS DENIED
Only the author can access non-public items (art-SA50)
You are logged in as user "newbieg". That user is not authorized to access this feature.
If you are not this user, please, log out, and log back in with your credentials.

So we can't even see it. It's a sad thing, but at least we still have the forums for asking questions/sharing ideas.
Imagine he stops paying the bills and none of us talk to each other again. I'll remember you all fondly. As the years go on, I'll start guessing the order in which we have died.
😂
@agent max,

why don't create a website and host it there?
There are some free webhosts available.
zapshe wrote:
Imagine he stops paying the bills and none of us talk to each other again. I'll remember you all fondly. As the years go on, I'll start guessing the order in which we have died.

Same here! Although I'll probably be one of the first, being in my early 50's...

@thmm,
That is a great idea! I actually never thought of that. Any suggestions on a good one? I've never done anything like that before, so I'd have no idea how to start. I'll see if I can find a Youtube tutorial.

Ironically, I just realized that I look up Youtube videos for a lot of things, like fixing my computer, fixing my new car, running Javascripts on a website, creating and running a Youtube channel...
@agent max

I wouldn't have guessed ;-; Everyone here is 2x my age and above.
I'll probably be one of the first, being in my early 50's...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

61+ and getting even more ornery.
Wow, thought I was old-ish but it turns out I'm the wee lad in my mid-40s...
I feel old then I come here and get humbled
lol, in my 30's, is there anyone younger here?
Early 20s here.

EDIT: I can already imagine myself looking back at this post in 10 years and crying at how old I'm getting.
Last edited on
I can already imagine myself looking back at this post in 10 years and crying at how old I'm getting.

I read my 10-20 yo posts on random forums, and even on this forums (but different nickname to which I lost access) and can't believe what I was saying lol.

It feels like Steve's Urkel "Did I do that?"
I can beat Furry Guy by a couple of years.....
Jesus, I'd never tell how old you guys were by your posts. I guess using your brain keeps it sharp.
Like aging cheddar, just keep the mold off and it improves through time.

Apparently I'm getting hungry... where are my keys?
Why were my keys in the fridge?

Wait... Why do I need my keys?

Oh yeah. I need cheese. And we don't have eggs.

lettuce
eggs
butter
cheese
sudoku
dont forget TP
BACON!

Why is sudoku on my list?
Last edited on
Bun (top)
 Russian Dressing
 Sweet Relish (not too much)
 Sauerkraut (lots!)
 Provolone (optional)
 Swiss (sharp!)
 Hamburger
Bun (bottom)

Lemonade on the side.

Happiness :O)
@seeplus, pleased to know I ain't the only old fart here.

1 1/2 oz Potato Vodka
1/4 oz Worcestershire Sauce
1/8 oz Lemon or Lime Juice
6-7 oz Clamato (or generic Clam/Tomato Juice)

I was making this ^^ before I found out it actually had a name: Bloody Caesar.
Pages: 123