I’m crazy! (says rando shoper)

Went to the store today. Nice brisk 30-40 degrees outside (that’s 0-4 Celcius for you non-’Muricans). Rode the bike. Walking through store wearing helmet and jacket, etc.

Woman stops dead in the isle, looks at me in shock, and says “You’re CRAZY!”.

No, lady, I’m totally hamburger-flippin’ nuts.

I just wrote a weirdo printf() variant taking format specifiers and arguments in interleaved sequences over at SO:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70839272/could-you-write-a-printf-wrapper-that-interleaves-formatting-code-and-arguments/70842775#70842775

And yes, glad you can afford to drive up to Wal-mart in your Mercedes, shocked person. Don’t drive over me on the way out. You know, murder-cycles and all.
most people think it is not only normal but fun to go out in 80+ degree death from the sun weather and let it burn them to a crisp and hate winter. I am fine in the cold, you can put on all the clothes you own if you want, but trying to both get naked because its hot yet be protected because its frying you alive ... now that I call insane.
"If that's what you think it would be in your best interest to leave me alone, not to provoke me, you strange person."

I still prefer cold weather, but training has made me much more tolerant of warm weather. I can be working out in 35° C weather and be comfortable, as long as I don't stop.

Don’t drive over me on the way out. You know, murder-cycles and all.
Are you implying your motorcycle will avenge you? Actually, that would probably be more effective protection than your helmet. A sort of small-scale mutual assured destruction-style deterrent.
Last edited on
> Nice brisk 30-40 degrees outside
we had about 35-45 this last month... in celsius
still, it was a nice walk/ride on lunch-break

> Rode the bike.
¿pedal or motor?
@ne555
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT — it’s a nice touring bike.

@helios
The implication is a double-meaning:
  • supposedly, motorcycles are only good for getting their riders killed
  • and yes, my motorcycle will avenge me
Was this person wearing a face diaper when she acted all ape-shit over dressing "odd"? (according to her standards, natch)

While I am less tolerant of cold temperatures the older I get, I still dislike hot weather (over 90F). Easier to bundle up than peel off for comfort.
It's easy to peel off, it's just others don't usually appreciate it. :(
Even I prefer to not be exposed to my fish belly white expanse of flesh when at all possible, thankyouverymuch!
I have a hard time with the cold and always try to dress warmly. Even in summer, when it's very hot outside, I dress warmly. I turn on the radiator I bought at the https://www.radiatoroutlet.co.uk/electric-radiators at home. But my wife doesn't understand me and thinks that I am not all right, though I tried to explain to her that every person is different. What do you think about this?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.