UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2020

by Borneq
perf profiling - unknown

My program work fast, after changing is two times slower. I try profile with perf under CLion. Most time consuming method is what it is?
[4 replies] Last: main is called from unknown That's expected. main() is called from t... (by dhayden)
by Borneq
Start/stop group of threads

First solution is - create group of threads and push_bakc to vector - join for all these threads But sometimes is small interval between creating and destr...
[1 reply] : Before you start adding threads, you need a plan! Figure out who owns... (by salem c)
Get current screen dimensions via Xlib using C

Is there any way to get screen dimensions of a display via Xlib using C? I've tried referring to the X.org docs (https://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/display/screen-i...
[no replies]
Undefined symbol error at runtime

I have compiled a library A with gcc 7.5 that references in a implementation file (.cpp) a class of another library B. But the referenced library B is not added...
[1 reply] : Linking in Linux differs from Windows and OS X. There is not much "li... (by keskiverto)
Context switching and 5 state process model

Hello, I have a high level conceptual question. What is the connection between "context switching" and the "5 state process model"? From what I understand...
[2 replies] Last: 5 state model is oversimplified, but you context switch when you go fr... (by jonnin)
popen or fopen freezes my code (1,2)

Hello, I am using chrony to track the offset from my NTP. I have a code that writes this value to a csv. For some reason, after running for a couple hours (~4/...
[25 replies] Last: It appears that @Dhayden and salem c were right and I need to eat my w... (by bchang32)
SDL More KeyPresses?

I'm developing a SDL2 game framework on YT. I have a demo game which is basically pong with extra steps. My problem is that if player "wasd" is holding a butto...
[3 replies] Last: Wow. I remember wondering why anyone would buy an $80 keyboard when a ... (by newbieg)
remove a duplicate directory path

How do I remove a duplicate directory path in a dirs command stack?
[1 reply] : > How do I remove a duplicate directory path in a dirs command stack? ... (by salem c)
Sorry not really Unix, Linux question

How do you comment out a line in an SSH config file?
[1 reply] : See man ssh_config . The file format should be described in the begin... (by keskiverto)
operating systems

need help with this multiple choice question. When the process issues an I/O request: c. it is placed in job queue d. it is placed in a waiting queue
[4 replies] Last: d) (by againtry)
  Archived months: [jul2020] [sep2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.