Windows Programming - April 2020

by kyviro
HWND variables and for loops

Hello again. I have a question in regards to how HWND variables and for loops are handled. Say I have the following code: HWND handles ; for(int i = 0; i <...
[7 replies] Last: Glad I could help! (I'm kidding, of course :) (by Ganado)
CDATA in XML using xerces

https://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/apiDocs-3/classDOMCharacterData.html
[no replies]
Unicode Headache

This Windows Unicode business is about to drive me to the point of throwing this computer through the window! That said, I am trying to run a program from an o...
[14 replies] Last: To learn from petzhold you first need convert all the sample API's in... (by George P)
Different outputs using URLDownloadToFile

Hi, first time here, new programmer. I am trying to download online html pages and then search after specific strings. I implemented code with URLDownloadToF...
[2 replies] Last: It's best to use an external downloader (like curl or wget) rather tha... (by kbw)
To debug application using .dmp file in Visual Studio?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/using-dump-files?view=vs-2019
[no replies]
C++ array questions

Hi. I'm a newbie in programming and I'm having difficulty on how I can apply an array on my project. I'm trying to create a 2 dimensional 4 by 4 array. The valu...
[3 replies] Last: Try this: int data = { {1, 2, 3, 4}, {1, 2, 3, 4}, {0, 0... (by Guercio1)
by Ovid
Is there a better way of using Live-Share?

My friend and I try to collaborate using Live-Share of Visual Studio. There are certain problems with that, such as: - Only the host gets the console windows w...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, the issues are from Visual Studio 2019. But thank you for your h... (by Ovid)
How to handle input based on keyboard language ?

Hello, I have a Win32 Direct2D program which allows me write text on screen. I found a way to print characters based on selected Keyboard-Language but I get som...
[6 replies] Last: WCHAR wc1 = L"RU J LETTER: \u0436"; This fixed the issue on direct2... (by closed account GbRGwA7f)
by Odglog
Printing text with transparent background

Hi I'm creating a text console application. I have a function that takes a SMALL_RECT and fills the area with a given character. In my application, the backgro...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for the help! I'll check this http://www.cplusplus.com... (by Odglog)
by Juicej
How do i convert time to string, using the localtime_s() function?

I switched from DevC++ to Microsoft Visual Studio while working on a project. MVS suggested that I change the localtime() to localtime_s(), else it threw an er...
[3 replies] Last: Another option: std::string now() { time_t rawtime = time(0); tm... (by thmm)
by Juicej
How do I create multiple windows to display different text.

Good Day Good Men and Women, I was tasked with creating a main window and three other windows. The main window is kind of like a trigger to create the three ...
[3 replies] Last: So I tried it, not sure how the windows should come up though. Can yo... (by Juicej)
by LJ34
Clearing the console in C++

I'm using Notepad++ and NppExec to begin writing c++ code, and I was wondering how I could clear the screen. I've tried system("cls") as well as some other thin...
[4 replies] Last: cout << "\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n ......" will clear the scr... (by jonnin)
STL c++

Hello everyone, Can someone suggest me some advanced exercices about stl in C++! Thank you
[1 reply] : How do you define "advanced?" Any particular area of the STL? The ST... (by George P)
Fing click mosue winapi

Hello, Please help, I’ve been suffering for the fourth day to find out when the mouse button is clicked. If I understand correctly, I need to use such fun...
[11 replies] Last: Did you even bother to look at the link Ganado gave you? What you thi... (by George P)
by slava
Win32 API - Best way to create costom buttons

So, I have a button I created with CreateWindowEx, but I want to make it a little prettier, with a different background color, font and so on. I know I can eit...
[no replies]
by schala
Print Driver Resolution and Debugging

Hello, I am .NET Developer but got assigned this C++ Code writing/enhancing/troubleshooting a legacy print driver. I have the legacy source code written lik...
[12 replies] Last: I'm a one person company with only so much free time. I'm a freelance... (by salem c)
JNI dll crashing app after injection

Hello, why my app crash after injecting this dll? I got this code from Visual Studio Debugger: Unhandled exception at 0x00000000352B10CB in javaw.exe: 0xC00...
[6 replies] Last: Without console it crashing too. This error probably is caused by sth ... (by jacapiwsko)
Multiprocessing socket sharing

I m trying to write a program that will use mutliprocess architercture. I want to listen for connection on server on one process and on other process I want to...
[1 reply] : For Windows, do a search for "winsock server example" and "winsock cli... (by kbw)
by JEvans
"External exception EO434352" on class instantiation

The below function comes from a C++/CLI project where I'm wrapping a C# library in a C++ library. The solution includes a C++ console app ('Test') along with th...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. I was able to resolve the strcpy error (stupid mistake - I had... (by JEvans)
Why a reference again?

Hi, all I following lessons in this book. I am learning the concepts taught. Sometimes when I put it down I get rusty. I am back beginning the lessons on operat...
[4 replies] Last: Hey, @jonnin super helpful. You nailed it for me. I see what you mean.... (by bistelA0005)
  Archived months: [mar2020] [may2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.