Windows Programming - August 2021

WM_PAINT

I have a small snippet of code in my WndProc that has a WM_PAINT with nothing in it except return(0). That causes my MessageBox not to appear unless I press AL...
[4 replies] Last: Many thanks for this. That answers my question. (by dodge55)
Providing electronic car weighing station management software nationwide

Providing electronic car weighing station management software nationwide Nowadays, the control of the weight of goods is increasing, while the manual weighing ...
[no replies]
by Geckoo
Letter Occurences

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequency Hello. I am working on a simple program so as to check letter occurrences in a text (take a look at the link abo...
[12 replies] Last: You are right Furry Guy. It is very important to foresee some user mis... (by Geckoo)
by Weasel
Common controls

When I change the colours of Windows or the theme, the controls change their size and position. How can I ensure that the common controls I am using retain the...
[5 replies] Last: I've decided not to continue with this issue as it is a minor one and ... (by Weasel)
Is intellisense broken in VS 16.11.0?

Is it just me and my code or is intellisense broken is VS 16.11.0 for you too? Did you find any workarounds?
[13 replies] Last: Thanks, I have reported my issue with intellisense soon after and the ... (by malibor)
Delete logs after N Days

Hi. I have a website. I'm getting logs via syslog to my website. I want to write a c++ code for, delete the logs after 30 days. How can i do it? I have no id...
[13 replies] Last: you can use the dreaded system() function to invoke the command line.... (by jonnin)
Bigram

count the number of occurrences of each bigram in a text bigrams.size(); https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/container/vector/size
[15 replies] Last: Damn, this thread certainly has gone off into the weeds of the Twiligh... (by George P)
by thmm
Windows programming: where to start? (1,2)

My ultimate goal would be to create a more or less complex application What kind of application - GUI, game ? For GUI I would recommend .NET with WPF and C#...
[20 replies] Last: Nowadays nobody (ok somebody's going to say they do here to confirm t... (by George P)
by Weasel
Trackbar control

How can I ensure that the background colour of my trackbar control is the same colour as the background of the dialog box containing it ?
[1 reply] : You need to handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC to update background color: htt... (by malibor)
Evdev Equivalent for Windows

I’ve been designing a keyboard macro program that takes control of a second keyboard and turns it into a giant macro pad. This is accomplished via Linux’s a...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah dude, I've thought up maybe something similar. The idea I was ha... (by zEcs Cilnt)
C++ move assignment compile time error

Good day admin I need a cue here the below c++ code is spoiling my coffee. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Demo { string*...
[4 replies] Last: Something like (NOT properly tried/tested): #include <iostream> #in... (by seeplus)
Comparing pseudo handles?

I know we can check whether 2 handles are same by using CompareObjectHandles API. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/handleapi/nf-handleapi-co...
[5 replies] Last: pseudo handles are local to process as opposed to real handles which a... (by malibor)
Win32 TabControl Flicker

I made a GUI with a native splitter separating a ListView and TabControl. The TabControl has two child windows an input and output window. The main problem is w...
[1 reply] : #include <Windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include <windowsx.h> #in... (by InNeedOfHelp)
Full duplex on win32 api

Hey just a beginner here to the win32 API so hopefully you'll bare with me :) Programing in c++ with the win32 API on windows 10, to make a serial comm progr...
[6 replies] Last: Ok that clears it up a bit! Thanks for the help! (by ManlishPotato)
by Wali23
Code running error

Level 1: Small perfect numbers Begin by writing a program that prints perfect numbers (those with a badness of 0). Separate the output of each number by a singl...
[1 reply] : This isn't windows programming - its just c++. You'd be better off re-... (by seeplus)
Create Multiple Binary Files in C++

Hello guyz, i need little help i created C++ program thats suppose to create binary files from hexa code in unsigned char variable, when i test it with 2 variab...
[3 replies] Last: Why so complicated? You need to open the output stream once and write... (by thmm)
Repainting the Client area

I'm new to Windows Programming as I've been doing embedded for many years. I am using Petzold's book as my learning source. I can't find a good example of thi...
[18 replies] Last: I was sloppy, and lazy. My example is to be ignored. (by George P)
NaN string to double GCC

Good day! ;) Noticed strange behavior is some rare cases in my program, and after some digging found this: std::string str { "nan" }; std::cout << str << " "...
[6 replies] Last: > How does a C++ program specify which C standard to use? The C++ sta... (by JLBorges)
  Archived months: [jul2021] [sep2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.