Windows Programming - July 2020

Child Window with Child Scrollbars

Little by little, this project is coming together. I now wish to use child scrollbars to scroll a child window. Can anyone explain this procedure? I have alr...
[7 replies] Last: Say, anachronon, if I don't answer any posts for a couple days it'll b... (by freddie1)
Please Help Me To Do This !!

Hello Every One ☺ Please Help Me To Do This ( 64 times ) I Want Only Using ( For Loop And Arrays ) Note : I don't Want Solutions Mathematics I Know It's (...
[11 replies] Last: @anachronon Really, my derivation was just basic Algebra. Ok brot... (by mostakim hamza)
by poop13
Is it possible to make and clear a group of HWNDs on winapi?

For example, let's say I want to make 2 buttons, a button displays a few windows when clicked and so when you click another button those few windows close and o...
[7 replies] Last: Most of the microsoft's pre-installed programs on windows do have a WM... (by noahehrnstrom)
Windows Subclassing (1,2)

I was wondering if someone could explain the concept of "Windows Subclassing". Or, could someone point me to a good article or tutorial on the subject. Petzol...
[28 replies] Last: A few words about managing templates and files within your programs. ... (by freddie1)
Passing String Pointers to Functions

A quick question that I hope is simple. It is a problem that I keep running across. So often, when passing string pointers to Windows functions, I get this er...
[12 replies] Last: Some Windows functions take pointers to pointers. Any reason for this... (by helios)
by MickH
Stop "Illegal function call" compiler error

Forum - I am trying to print the content(graphical image) in a pictureBox form on a different thread than the one which creates the image. The compiler throws t...
[10 replies] Last: Anachronon - sorry for the delayed response; I've been off on other pr... (by MickH)
Unable to change text color

Hi, I have a class called WinConsole which contains several methods including a SetColor and a CreateConsole function. I've noticed that when I call SetColor af...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/Eyhv0pDG/ (by George P)
by Nekota
Winreg registry

Hello guys , I have a question. If I will use winreg that to add a program in registry, will be antivirus or firewall to note it ? And sorry for my English.
[12 replies] Last: Here is a short tutorial on how to add a program to the "Startup" list... (by anachronon)
What Is The Proper Way to Format?

I am working with Petzold's "Colors1" program. The program uses three child-window scroll-bars to adjust color values. Three static child-windows are used to ...
[7 replies] Last: The code looks fine. wsprintf is a stripped down version of sprint... (by kbw)
How can i add color to just one line / word / letter?

That's my question, how can i add color to just one line / word / letter? Info: win 10 Dev c++ 5.11
[3 replies] Last: https://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/header-files/ (by George P)
MMOSG development

Hi people! I'm with a problem. I want to create a mmosg so I'm going to use Allegro, SQLAPI ++, and nanoSVG for vector graphics. The only problem is that as the...
[5 replies] Last: You could design a Plugin System: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4... (by George P)
Program creation with GTK +

Thank you! I want to make a program for windows using GTK + that downloads a file from the internet by torrent and put it in a specific folder. Can you help?
[1 reply] : If you don't need to do it "by torrent" you might be able to do someth... (by dutch)
by Mif
How to Enable Visual Style

How to turn ComCtl32.dll Version 6 in an Application That Uses Only Standard Extensions.. I wanna enable the visual styles. I'm using CODE:BLOCKS 17.12 but cer...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the news.. :D (by Mif)
by Mif
Help again with List View..?

Hello again.. Now that I did create a list view my concern is ... how do I set this list view to actually look like a real one, I wanna see the grid lines and,...
[no replies]
  Archived months: [jun2020] [aug2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.