Windows Programming - September 2020

How to remove spaces before and after in the specified path?

Hello! How to remove spaces before and after in the specified path? I have a string value getting like this - "C: \ Test file \ Temp1" My question is remove...
[8 replies] Last: Slightly different approach where the string is only iterated once and... (by seeplus)
( Search & copy ) in a new file text from string ??

Hello Everyone I know I can do this with c++ but I don't Know How !!! anyway I will tell you maybe can someone help me :) I have a file text date type string a...
[8 replies] Last: @seeplus Now it is very coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Than... (by mostakim hamza)
Owner Drawn Menus

Does anyone here, have experience with owner-drawn menus? I have studied all of the documentation that I could find. I have literally been searching the inter...
[no replies]
by dgdg
Running Commands in Main Simultaneously

Hello, I created the following program that runs each Beep() successfully, but one at a time. How can I run all the Beep commands at once? #include <iost...
[3 replies] Last: You are correct, the beep isn't allowed in parallel. Thanks for the i... (by dgdg)
by Tomi
How can I replace game objects when I resize game window?

Hello! I would like make possibility of resize game window for the player. I use this code in my Win32GUI program: case WM_SIZING: GetClientRe...
[7 replies] Last: Yeah! Now it works! In case of window width there is some difference f... (by Tomi)
SDL clear screen without SDL_FillRect

Hey there, i currently work on a program that does not have the typical Windows-window and instead is transparent, so i can make 'my own window design' looki...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks allot! I just now realized that my pngĀ“s have no background c... (by Thoastbot)
MFC application not run after windows update.

Quite big MFC application with a lot of libraries stop after last windows update. No Messages, no reactions. just record in log: Description: Faulting appli...
[1 reply] : Did you link the MFC libs static or dynamic? If you used dynamic then ... (by Thomas1965)
by ChrisB
Clang can't find header includes

I have a program that compiles fine with g++, but using clang++ it seems to choke on standard header files, e.g. "fatal error: 'ostream' file not found". I cam...
[2 replies] Last: Apparently clang was targeting "i686-pc-windows-msvc". Adding "-target... (by ChrisB)
by poop13
Is there a good way to list all memory processes from a appliaction?

I'd like to know if there is an easy and good way to list, from preference sorting by type of value, every memory or atleast most memory processes from an appli...
[2 replies] Last: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/_toolhelp/ (by markyrocks)
C++ direct3D11 Why child window overflows parent

I have a direct3d11 buffer in a window which is child of another window. When I resize window from left side too fast that content of directx which is child of ...
[1 reply] : there is an on-size event, when it is happening, you can stop drawing ... (by jonnin)
Changing Font Size (1,2)

I am looking to change the size of a font, in a program. What code do I need, to change the size of the font? I already have a handle to that font (HFONT) Fr...
[23 replies] Last: Thanks Fred. That gives me some stuff to research. I haven't been on... (by anachronon)
del

Why are you hooking in process attach, but unhooking in thread detach? So you have one hook set for when a process is attached - which could have many threads, ...
[1 reply] : Please don't delete the original post - it makes subsequent replies pr... (by seeplus)
Supercollider vs Low-level audio programming (C++, VST, etc)

I've recently started audio programming and my experience with SC so far has been great. My hope is to start with this and eventually get into lower-level stuff...
[1 reply] : you have experience using both SC and programming with C++ or another... (by coder777)
process closes immediately after running command

Hi guys, I'm trying to execute a program in the terminal I use the following command "C:\"Program Files (x86)"\BleachBit\bleachbit.exe" the program see...
[1 reply] : Try bleachbit_console? e.g. bleachbit_console --help ?... (by Ganado)
how to display in cmd getting string from c++ or windows programming

Can any one help me..
[14 replies] Last: Just wanted to add..... ...I figured out how to use printf with Visua... (by freddie1)
Windows File Buffering

Afternoon, all, I am in the process of reading up about windows file buffering; disk files, to be specific. Whilst I understand that Windows employs an output ...
[3 replies] Last: File system metadata is always cached. Therefore, to store any metadat... (by Aioria)
by MickH
Two button clicks needed for event handler to work

Forum - I have a small C++ app in which it takes two clicks of a button to produce the desired even handler action. The app controls a voltage digitizer over...
[no replies]
  Archived months: [aug2020] [oct2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.