Header with facilities that allow asynchronous access to values set by specific providers, possibly in a different thread.
Each of these providers (which are either promise or packaged_task objects, or calls to async) share access to a shared state with a future object: the point where the provider makes the shared state ready is synchronized with the point the future object accesses the shared state.
- Promise (class template
- Packaged task (class template
- Future (class template
- Shared future (class template
- Future error exception (class
- Error conditions for future objects (enum class
- Return value for timed future operations (enum class
- Launching policy for async (enum class
- Call function asynchronously (function template
- Return future category (function