how fast can you type abc...z program?

Pages: 123
can anyone please give me a code for a program which allows you to type a to z and then tells us the total amount of time taken for typing a to z
If this thread doesn't erupt into everyone posting their times, I'll be very disappointed.
3.911, but as it is a programming forum, let's see who can hack it :)
Goddang R0Mai.
4.67123 for me.

EDIT: Ohsnap, 3.97112 seconds xD
Last edited on

I only retried something like 10 times too.
I just tried again and got it down to 3.571 but it won't let me post my high score because i can't see the 'security' code it is asking me to submit... This sucks.
That seems a little too fast. I had a 7.969 after a few tries error free. It's an ackward thing to type and I'd be impressed if someone here types more than twice as fast as I do...
With cold fingers I can manage 6.4592 seconds (error-free, 1st try). I might try again with warm fingers.

@moorecm: They all have special keyboards. ;)

-Albatross
Last edited on
who said anyfing bout erors free?
Then you're not typing a...z in 3.9 seconds, you're typing a...garbage...z in 3.9 seconds :P

-Albatross
how would you know? it doesn't even say how many errors one made. and thats 3.5 seconds.
I did 5.43 after a few tries. Once you get the hang of it it's surprisingly easy.
My 3.97112 was error free. :p
But even if you do have errors, you're still type a through z in 3.9 seconds. :)
Hasn't anyone tried using xmodmap to put the keys in a more convenient order first?
guess...i still didnt got my ans.....n i also have another question...

can we declare variables
in switch

switch()
case (a variable)

when i try to declare a variable it says variable undeclared
switch (expression)
{
  case constant1:
     //group of statements 1;
     break;
  case constant2:
     //group of statements 2;
     break;
  default:
     //default group of statements;
}

Not like that. :(

-Albatross
Last edited on
closed account (Lv0f92yv)
4.592 exactly two times in a row.
My keyboard is on fire! http://www.tinyimg.org/view.php?filename=704.938.bmp

(SendInput() is your friend{he may just be a lost cactus trying to hold on to the nearest thing[which happens to be you<It could also be that ninja praying mantis to your left(The praying mantis will type for you =)>]})
Got it down to 3.3678859, error-free, after a little while.
Pages: 123