mschops? ascii? quick comment/question if you please :-)

AWESOME to hear that C++ is so in demand!!! Guess I picked a good one!! I know it's supposedly "on it's way out" yet it still seems so widely used that I doubt it will be outta here by the time I learn it lol.

And thx ascii, i've only just started the cprogramming.com tutorial. It all makes perfect sense but in my mind I'm thinking, wow...how much code (and knowledge of such) will it take to create your "average" program lol??? I'm sure you end up learning shortcuts, etc., but still...wow!! I'm not concerned by that, I'm hooked already...from newbie to junkie!!! But I imagine (though possibly not), there will be times when I'll feel like I'm just droning through it to get to the other side.

Even if its a year away, I still want to look toward the future. Any suggestion of sites (or other threads) that put together language "packages" (if a "package" is even necessary) based on what you want to do in programming?

So Moschops, would you say that being really proficient in C++ would already put me in high demand without knowing another language? (Assuming the demand remains at least uniform in the duration it takes me to learn it)?
Hey! how about using the thread that already exists? Even then shouldn't this be in the lounge?
Should be in the lounge but would you kick a puppy? :P
Should be in the lounge but would you kick a puppy? :P

Perhaps if this "puppy" was actually a kitten.
Last edited on
haha why did you request me in this lol
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.