Hello

Hi everybody!
Just registered and wanted to introduce myself.
Personal project: out-of-band security delivery. Need to rewrite the current server-side, make it more robust and "elevate" it out of its "Iterating" mode.
Current job: web application development (LAMP).
The rest:trying to keep cool in the Arizona desert <grin>.
Hope you all in the US had a safe and fun Memorial Day!
The rest of the world: the same for the equivalent when it happens.
Yves.
Last edited on
Welcome :)
Hopefully you can share some of your knowledge with us all eh. And hopefully we maybe able to do the same in return.
Z.
Thank you Z. I will.
You from South Africa/Rhodesia area? Noticed they append 'eh' to all their sentences.... ;-)
y.
They do?

Wellington, New Zealand :)
HA! South of the equator... I knew it ... ;)
Since this is the 'lounge': never made it "down there" but I remember (long time ago, different life etc) when I was in Africa, Congo/Zaire in Shaba/Katanga region , and Kaapstad S.A.; talking to some chaps and they all had that distinguished 'eh'... like every phrase became a question.
I guess it stuck with me since at the time my English was not well practiced, first impressions and all I guess. Dutch and French is my native.
Very south of the equator :P But it's nice down here. As long as you don't call it "down-under".. Thats Australia, our bigger neighbour with the terrible accent.

Yea it's a bad habbit. But we only tend to use it when making a question. Or I guess a semi-question. Would've been interesting to be in Africa in "a different life".

Hi, agree it's nice in NZ - but as the visit was my honeymoon I may have been a little biased in my opinions at the time :-)
Hahah. What part of the country did you visit?

I currently live in Wellington (think Lord of the Rings) and am originally from New Plymouth (The Last Samurai).
We had 16 days there - flew in to Aukland the drove to the Coromandel Penisular for 2 days, then down to Rotarua, Napier and on down going round both islands.
Very impressed with the country as a whole, and the attitude of the vast majority of people we met. Food and wine was also excellent:-)
We also have friends who have emigrated to Oamatu on South Island - they've been there ~3 years now and have no regrets about leaving the UK.
Ahhh a very nice trip :) It's a nice country to live in. A little isolated at times but you can deal with that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.