Lounge - July 2020

Need help with VS Code

I've been using VS Code for a couple of weeks and really like. However, with latest 1.47.1 release my emmet just stopped working. I've tried reinstalling but ...
[1 reply] : Yeah. You'll obvious need to update your emmet to be compatible with ... (by againtry)
Can I run graphics.h in the graphics card?

I noticed you can select "Run application in graphics card" in windows, so what if I made a graphics.h program and ran it in the graphics card. I would like to ...
[6 replies] Last: An example of 'The Guess': https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/... (by againtry)
Assembly stdin

Hi guys,something interesting so here is a basic NASM program that I wrote that will ask a user for his name and print it, but something strange happens when I...
[2 replies] Last: You claim that you'll take a max of 20 characters but then you give it... (by zapshe)
Tank War [C++][Win 7]

In view of the slow review of "Articles", the new works are hereby released to this forum. Please run under Windows 7. For my friends who use Windows 10, ...
[6 replies] Last: Think about it, maybe it is didactic. Just ask the Uighurs and people ... (by againtry)
Assembly question

hi guys, loop: jmp loop times 510-($-$$) db 0 dw 0xaa55 I'm really not familiar with assembly, but the following code is s...
[6 replies] Last: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_of_the_FAT_file_system#Bootsector (by againtry)
I want to know how to add files to an article on this website

Please do me a favor. I want to upload a file, but I don't know what to do.
[3 replies] Last: To zapshe : Did you mean "paste bin" ? (by AliMensien)
by helios
Does anyone know about this... book?

Years ago I remember reading somewhere that some early CS researcher or information theorist, or someone directly involved in the development of ARPANET/the Int...
[1 reply] : Yep, I’ve heard of it. It was spiral bound IIRC (by againtry)
The law and photography

Apologies if this enquiry seems trivial. I just want to avoid making my own assumption when acknowledging copyright law Could I take a photo of a physical poss...
[19 replies] Last: @Astra, No particular place but definitely not from the intellectual s... (by againtry)
Uncertainty with fairly old webpages

A webpage on oocities.org immediately downloaded a MIDI sequence to my PC. I believe the webpage is approximately 10 years old, however, regardless, I deleted t...
[5 replies] Last: I intend to henceforth use a mobile device to view archived web pages... (by zapshe)
by zapshe
C# has made me sad :( (1,2)

*sigh* I've been coding in C# exclusively for the past 1-2 weeks in order to get more familiar with the language. It's mostly been a blast. I'll write code, I'l...
[28 replies] Last: C# is purely object oriented . Something C++ is not, it inhabits b... (by George P)
Calulators digitial signature was not present?

Hey guys, so for the past couple of days I suspected that I had malware on my pc so I decided to format my disk drive and reinstall windows 10, anyway I notice...
[6 replies] Last: It's slow in its interface with the user. There's a perceptible delay ... (by helios)
SQL format

Via notepad i can write sql scripts like below: create table recipient ( id bigint(20) not null auto_increment, account_number varchar(255) default nul...
[4 replies] Last: This can easily be done through some sort of lint or alignment plugin ... (by fiji885)
Visual Studio 2019 help

I wasn't sure where else to go. I've searched the internet for a Visual Studio 2019 IDE community help forum but can't find anything. I'm retaking an online C...
[4 replies] Last: I have noticed that sometimes (rare) converting a VS 2017 solution to ... (by George P)
reporting vulgarity in the forum (1,2)

I have received vulgarity from someone called "dutch" responding to a simple question... I reported him since it is the second occasion What can I expect now?...
[33 replies] Last: Understandable, esp. if you're not just a witness. (by Ganado)
Maximum storage

While PCs have a storage limit, is there a second storage limit which you would strongly advise somebody to not surpass? Such as: Full capacity minus 5GB
[10 replies] Last: [quote=helios]I mean I'm asking for a friend. You have some VERY weir... (by George P)
CppCast: SYCL 2020

Rob and Jason are joined by Michael Wong from CodePlay. They first discuss GCC 11 changing its default dialect to C++17 and polymorphic allocators. Then Michael...
[no replies]
Primitives

Hey guys, so we all know that every language has primitives C++ has - int,bool,double,long,short,char etc but is there any language with more primitives? ...
[12 replies] Last: Grammar and semantics are both made up of primitives. Collectively and... (by againtry)
Data protection

I have some enquiries regarding Data protection online. 1) In fear of people such as employers acquiring access to your public data, is it wise to opt-out of s...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you @jonnin (by closed account E8A4Nwbp)
  Archived months: [jun2020] [aug2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.