UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2020

Figure out the size of a datagram

So I was perusing the c++ and networking tags on S.O. today and I kept bumping into separate but similar questions on how big to make a buffer in which one woul...
[8 replies] Last: 1) I don’t understand this statement / question. What are you referr... (by highwayman)
by koce
Unnamed pipe and streams

Hi guys, I did some code to experiment with unnamed pipes in C/Linux, and all went fine using read/write to send pipe content to file: char buff ; int count...
[3 replies] Last: I guessed as much lol, I’m glad your program was fixed. :) (by highwayman)
sscanf mess up variables only under Linux

Hi everybody, recently I've decided to update a c++ programs that I've written for Windows in order to let it run on Linux. This program is a console applicati...
[3 replies] Last: Thomas1965 and salem c, thank you both for your reply and the other t... (by closed account o3v9wA7f)
File paths appear to be resolved relative to source

I'm doing some asynchronous asset loading for a game, and I'm stumped by what seems completely weird to me. I have a root folder for the project with a makefile...
[12 replies] Last: OK, it turns out it's a macos-specific caveat of "glfwInit()" that I h... (by closed account jECj6Up4)
Communication between two binaries

Hi there, I hope this is not a double. I have already searched the web, and came across ABIs, APIs, exposed functions, libraries and the like, but nothing se...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks uplime. I will do some research using that "keyword" and see if... (by santigua)
Linking to library

I have doubt when there is need to link library. Suppose, I have a exe prog.exe which referring to one lib i.e. one.lib and exe running fine. Now, Case...
[3 replies] Last: Now its clear to me. Thanks to both of you helios and keskiverto. (by akash16)
Synchronize two processes using a shared library.

I am developing a C ++ class (MyClass.cpp) that I will compile as a dynamic shared library (MyClass.so). This shared library will be used by two different ap...
[3 replies] Last: Have you come across the Boost.Interprocess library? https://www.boos... (by MikeyBoy)
Newbie Linux Programmer

Hi, I am looking to move across from windows to linux but i don't really know how to get started. Could you outline a few getting started tips for c and c++...
[2 replies] Last: C++ might be ubiquitous, but the toolset isn't. Moving from Windows/V... (by kbw)
Parallel Programming

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error' what(): basic_string::_M_construct null not valid terminate called after throwing an inst...
[4 replies] Last: Show your code, please @faruk61 This isn't the first thread where you... (by lastchance)
No pbr in extern call?

I'm trying to do a pass by reference in an extern function call. extern void getCpuid(int &a, int &b, int &c, int &d); kernel.c:4:26: error: expected ‘;...
[1 reply] : kernel.c You're trying to compile C++ syntax as C. Should I instead... (by Ganado)
  Archived months: [apr2020] [jun2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.