wchar_t* wcsncat (wchar_t* destination, wchar_t* source, size_t num);
Append characters from wide string
Appends the first num wide characters of source to destination, plus a terminating null wide character.
If the length of the C wide string in source is less than num, only the content up to the terminating null wide character is copied.
This is the wide character equivalent of strncat (<cstring>).
- Pointer to the destination array, which should contain a C wide string, and be large enough to contain the concatenated resulting string, including the additional null wide character.
- C wide string to be appended.
- Maximum number of characters to be appended.
size_t is an unsigned integral type.
destination is returned.
/* wcsncat example */
int main ()
wcscpy ( wcs1, L"To be " );
wcscpy ( wcs2, L"or not to be" );
wcsncat ( wcs1, wcs2, 6 );
wprintf ( L"%ls\n", wcs1);
- Append characters from string (function
- Concatenate wide strings (function
- Copy characters from wide string (function
- Copy block of wide characters (function