Problem with debugging the C++ code with eclipse on Mac

I've stumbled upon the following problem when using eclipse (on Mac) to code in C++.
I want to start the debugging and stop at the first breakpoint but instead eclipse (or gdb) traverses step by step through source files of the standard library like ostream. This probably can be prevented by switching appropriate option in eclipse preferences but I don't know which one.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.
Lukasz
Sorry to not answer your question directly but the bigger question is why not use XCode? Eclipse is rubbish.
I went to an actual total eclipse a few years back, and then I finally 'got' the name. We did a lot of standing around doing nothing waiting for something to happen at the event. It was exactly like when you fire up the program and wait for it to do whatever it does before letting you edit code.

However, the answer is going to be in your debug options. Somewhere in there you will have something like "step into libraries" or "step into assembly when source not available" or something along these lines that can be changed to avoid it. Also most debuggers feature a "step out"
most of them have things like this:
step -- execute one statement
step over -- execute but do not trace into a function or function like thing
step in -- go into a function and keep stepping there
step out -- go back to where the current function was called and resume from there (finish execution of this block without showing each step)
run to cursor -- execute to cursor and start stepping there
run with debug -- execute until breakpoint hit, user chooses what to do after

so either find the setting and change it or choose what button to mash when you reach these areas (step out is the easy way to get back to your code if it goes into a library)

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.