General C++ Programming - August 2020

Question about IDE

On Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio is the obvious choice - it's feature-rich, and is straightforward to use.
[9 replies] Last: looks like some forums are vulnerable to edits that would not have bee... (by jonnin)
Implement iterator

I read somewhere that it is possible to implement an `iterator` through defining begin/end methods, so object can be used in the for loop: for(const auto &it...
[10 replies] Last: for (auto i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); ) if (*i == 2) ... (by mbozzi)
by rnima
How to deallocate an array

How can i make sure I delete my array, my destructor is not being called and now i have memory leak. int main() { cout << " Enter the size of the ar...
[11 replies] Last: This is true. I rarely need these, and misspoke as to its usefulness... (by jonnin)
by rnima
How to allocate an array

Completed question, thanks!
[no replies]
solved

solved
[no replies]
Grading code

When I try to run my code, after 2 tries, the average does not compute. I have to compile again for it to work again even though there was no change to the cod...
[1 reply] : You need to do 2 things: 1) In future please use code tags - see <> i... (by againtry)
by ggwm
The data does not send over socket from client to the server

Hello all. I have no c++ skills, so please don't be harsh with me. I have a client and server scripts. On the client I need to accept user's input and send i...
[1 reply] : code tags help <> on the side editor, it makes large code readable. ... (by jonnin)
Login systems for multiple users

Hi everyone. I'm a c++ beginners and trying to make a simple login system for multiple users. New users can register for an account and login into the system. F...
[6 replies] Last: switches have fall through, which is a bug when you do not mean to do ... (by jonnin)
by Ganado
Thank you for solution

Sounds like a reasonable assignment, but what specifically are you having trouble with? We aren't a homework service, but will help you if you get stuck. This ...
[2 replies] Last: Here's another starter: #include <iostream> #include <string> void ... (by againtry)
Averaging grades with multiple courses

I am trying to write a c++ code about averaging grades but with multiple courses. I did write it but everytime i run it, it terminates right after i answer what...
[7 replies] Last: It's an error to use floating-point numbers in this situation. Floati... (by mbozzi)
program => massive AST??

really quick question. If im in the middle of parsing code, do I eventually just make the entire program into a massive abstract syntax tree??? I think I've con...
[3 replies] Last: Can you say clearer (by williamTi)
trouble with Time concersion between US time zones to UTC then converting to military time

I am attempting to take a meeting start and stop time, add an hour to the beginning and the end(autoScaling), convert those times from a user picked time zone (...
[1 reply] : while (seasonal == 's') { autoScalingStart = (autoScalingStart + ... (by Ganado)
by Nico
Connect to SQL server

Hello, I am working on a program that parses a webpage to get its input data. The page some contains information from an SQL database. Unfortunately the web...
[no replies]
Confused

Can someone help me understand this answer? Im taking an online course that has quizzes that doesn't require using cin or cout. But am having difficult time und...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you!! Makes a lot of sense now. (by closed account yboiAqkS)
Need help accepting ordered pair of strings

Hi, I am trying to implement a way to accept an ordered pair of strings besides accepting the integer ordered pair of strings. One of the suggestions I received...
[1 reply] : > static const int DEFAULT_VALUE = 0; Make this static const T DEFAULT... (by salem c)
playground as one-dimensional array

I want to find the neighbored cells of a playground, represented by a one-dimensional array. There is no border, the world is donut-formed. Is the mapping fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, jonnin. That's a nice trick you provided getting rid of the... (by nuderobmonkey)
Help with programmer defined exception classes

My question is that I am trying to create a user defined exception class that detects when the user enters the same two values for an ordered pair for example: ...
[1 reply] : Here's a start - your default (0,0) breaks the rule. (Keep in mind the... (by againtry)
LNK2019 / Undefined reference ERROR.

Hi, I am trying to compile and run an OOP Project but I keep getting 7 LNK2019 Errors everything looks to be defined and linked together. I do not understand wh...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you guys a lot! Finally compiled :D (by Depressed)
by dbabo
invalid use of non-static member function

Hello, i can't figure out the error. Appreciate your advise: error: src/mqqt.cpp: In member function 'int AWS_MQQT::aws_mqqt_setup(...)': src/mqqt.cpp:37:5...
[5 replies] Last: the prototypes don't match, you can't pass it. #include <functional>... (by ne555)
August 2020 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jul2020] [sep2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.