Skype [C++ Benders]

Pages: 123
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
It doesn't have PUBLIC discussion.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
I swear they are multiplying by the week now. Soon we will be overrun with useless posts, threads and a bunch of misinformation.
This would help people be better programmers by discussing c++, etc.. This isn't useless.
For the record:

advertisement:
1: the act or process of advertising
2: a public notice; especially : one published in the press or broadcast over the air

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/advertisement

It's nice that people have opinions. It is even nicer when those opinions are able to coexist with facts.
haha, I got an advertisement when looking at a site talking about it.
This would help people be better programmers by discussing c++, etc.. This isn't useless.

Hmm lets look at your posts in the thread before this whole discussion stated and see if they actually contribute anything to a conversation.

1 -
bump

2 -
Yes

3 -
Bump

Very very deep conversation there. That is why the thread should die. People saw it the first time and if they wanted to join or talk about they would have. If you want to "advertise" again create a new thread though please don't do it every day.

Last edited on
I'm done arguing. I know that I am right about this.
@cire You are obviously in a bad mood. I can talk to you when you have cooled down.

I am going to bed.
@Zereo Not all the people have seen it on here. Go send a PM to somebody in the beginner forum and ask them if they have seen it. I bet they haven't. ;P

EDIT: Now, I am going to bed.
EDIT 2: I know we got into a deep discussion! I wouldn't leave my computer I was so interested!
EDIT 3: Ok, I should have said something else besides "bump".
Last edited on
retsgorf297 wrote:
I know that I am right about this

Do you really?
closed account (D80DSL3A)
I think what we are seeing here (and in other threads) is the cost of allowing children to post freely. I think it's nice that all are welcomed here, but perhaps a daily post limit for those below a certain age would help them to post less impulsively.
closed account (1v5E3TCk)
I think what we are seeing here (and in other threads) is the cost of allowing children to post freely. I think it's nice that all are welcomed here, but perhaps a daily post limit for those below a certain age would help them to post less impulsively.

You are so funny man, you must be a comedien -.-
I have to agree with fun2code and have been feeling the same way lately. Don't mind it every once in a while but when it is almost every thread it gets quite annoying.

but post limit isnt a good idea. What will you do if you reach the limit when you are talking about an error which you must solve as soon as possible or helping a beginner?
Then you learn to conserve your posts and control your impulses. We're teaching you valuable life skills here. But, saying that, I don't think a post limit would work. The only way to tell someone's age would be to ask them and people would simply lie to get around it.
Maybe limit based on the life of their account or current post count? I'm sure someone here can make a pretty nifty formula. Though personally I just try and ignore threads I find useless.
There might be a rank system. People can vote your message as spam or helpfull etc. and if your rank is bad you get limited?
Ok, I admit I was in a bad mood yesterday. Sorry for acting like that.

Anyway, we were just trying to get more members. And isn't there an "Announcement" icon for making topics? It looks like a bull horn. But, I guess I can understand why you don't want it bump like that.
What are you talking about?Nobody tries to bump this topic 10 time / day .If you want to stay alone with programming,just ignore this topic .Anyway,it must be bumped sometimes,as if some person wants to join it,he simply invite me in the skype .Why should he type here anything?Of course,it's probably my mistake,that I've written my skype ID in the topic
Last edited on
Nobody tries to bump this topic 10 time / day .

Understand that simply posting "Bump" in order to bump up a topic is both disrespectful and annoying.
It's now "disrespectful" to say "bump". If I said, "I love cheeseburgers" each time, then, that would be respectful and not annoying?
Pages: 123