Beginners - September 2020 (Page 9)

Mistake in a counting-corrector

Hello! I am learning how to use c++, but I just got into a problem that I can't solve. Somebody, please help me, what have I done wrong. It would be a program t...
[1 reply] : = is for assignments. == is for comparisons. (by Peter87)
Help with code (1,2)

I need help, my code is just not working and I've tried everything to make it work. I've been at this for a week and well, I haven't been able to get it to disp...
[20 replies] Last: I think I know where the abuse came from. But you're OK sheeppuspus, ... (by againtry)
For loop problem

Hello guys It's just a registration form for which I am taking a person name and the person phone number and store it in a data file I use a loop in this I w...
[14 replies] Last: @Furry Guy - yes you're right about your code limitations. Consider: ... (by seeplus)
by romey
Code not outputting correct value if input is invalid.

I'm writing a Roman numeral to Arabic number converter. Its mostly working - just a small hiccup. One requirement is that if the input has an invalid char...
[10 replies] Last: Ah. going the other way is a pain. but there are only a few thousand ... (by jonnin)
Address of array in C

Hello, I execute the below code and the result is: 10353140 - 10353140 - 10353156 - 10353188 I expected &a + 1 to be the same with a + 1. because a...
[2 replies] Last: Arrays are not pointers. The type of a is int . Notably, it is ... (by mbozzi)
Visual Studio Question

When I'm editing .cpp and other types of files using *other tools*, Visual Studio frequently starts up even though it was not asked to. It apparently sets up an...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that helped. i got visual studio out of the "open with" list a... (by lbrandewie)
Print elements of array of void pointers

Hello, How can I fix this? I want to print all data in this array. # include <stdio.h> int main() { void* myPointer ; int a = 10; float b = 30; char c ...
[4 replies] Last: Hello Shervan360, # include <stdio.h> int main() { void* myPointe... (by Handy Andy)
by mikeyb
Help with coin code

Hello, I am looking for some help with this issue I am having, I think its something to do with my variables but I am not sure. The goal is to make a prog...
[4 replies] Last: Why the brackets around the numbers? You don't need them. quarters ... (by seeplus)
by Nergis
uninitialized local variable 'guess' used how to fix it!

It says C4700 uninitialized local variable 'guess' used. i dont get it, how do i fix it please help! #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main()...
[2 replies] Last: Thanx alot! Fixed it :D (by Nergis)
by Mif
How to retrieve data from a text file? (1,2,3)

Okay, Here we go again.. same code but I added the function retrieveData. Works like for a 50%, cause it read only the first address. So If I save another addr...
[56 replies] Last: I've had occasions where removing eof() would mean restructuring the c... (by zapshe)
comma operator

Hi, I am learning the comma operator, and I am going through a problem which uses it, but I am having an issue with it. I have put the code from the problem bel...
[15 replies] Last: Now we can add incoherence to the incompetence. As a face-saving attem... (by againtry)
by booood
C++ class to create a new type Boolean with the two values F and T defined.

Use a C++ class to create a new type Boolean with the two values F and T defined. Use the C++ class/struct keyword and an array to create a list of pairs that ...
[3 replies] Last: https://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/1-use-enum-k... (by againtry)
Update data in a file and Delete Data In a file

Hello Every one i hope every one is doing well:) i write a program for banking in c++ it is a sample program which has 2 options 1st: option is for cre...
[8 replies] Last: Hello Saleem c Can you please provide a me an example are solid mater... (by adeel zamann)
Accessing array elements using pointers or subscripts?

Hello, Which is faster? Accessing array elements using pointers or subscripts? Thanks int num = { 24,34,12,44,56,17 }; printf_s("%d",*(nu...
[2 replies] Last: Compiles to the exactly same thing. @Shervan80, Consider making http... (by mbozzi)
Modern C++ Example on a class

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how code is recommended to write with the C++17 standard. I am reviewing code of a little library I wrote for personal use and ...
[8 replies] Last: While that backs the theory of these keywords I have seen other posts... (by mbozzi)
by yup2
Replacing letters in a string by other ones

Im having trouble replacing letters of the alphabet with one and other, for instance: A->E B->R and so on.. I've been using the following...
[3 replies] Last: Also: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> u... (by seeplus)
by CeErre
printf - Pulling multiple variables in one line

Hey Guys, I'm a noob programer. Im tryin to figure out how to pull multiple variables into one line of printf. the code below should be in a sinlge line! i c...
[5 replies] Last: It is worth noting that to concatenate literal strings, they just need... (by seeplus)
arrays - right index changes faster??

Hello, I am reviewing arrays, and in my book it says "2D arrays are stored in row - column matrix, where the first index indicates the row and the second indica...
[6 replies] Last: This has now become a joke. The comment about speed relates to the rel... (by againtry)
repeating inputs

im having problems where it still considers my last input for example factorial of 5 = 120 factorial of 6 = 86400 which is 5! x 6! is there any way is can re...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks it fixed it :) (by paper01)
Best C++ Course

Hello All, Can anyone suggest me the best c++ course, I want to learn C++ programming online. I have check udemy site to purchase a course but I am confused to ...
[7 replies] Last: @Adisharma, By all means make your own mind up. On this website there... (by againtry)
September 2020 Pages: 1... 78910
  Archived months: [aug2020] [oct2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.