template <class charT> class collate;
Facet to compare and hash strings
The collate standard facet provides functions to compare and assist in comparing strings in a locale-specific manner.
The collate class template has a protected destructor: Programs shall only construct objects of derived classes, or use those installed in locale objects (through use_facet).
All standard locale objects support at least the following facet instantiations of the collate class template as part of the collate category:
|facets in locale objects||description|
- Character type.
Aliased as member char_type.
|char_type||The template parameter (charT)||Character type|
|String type corresponding to the character type|
The class contains a public static constant of type locale::id that uniquely identifies facets with collate semantics.
Public member functions
- collate constructor (public member function
- Compare character sequences (public member function
- Transform character sequence (public member function
- Get hash value (public member function
Virtual protected member functions
The class defines the virtual protected members which implement the behavior by default of their respective member functions:
- Compare character sequences [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Transform character sequence [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Get has value [virtual] (protected virtual member function
Along with the class destructor:
- collate destructor (protected member function
At least the following specializations of this template are provided in all library implementations: