template <class charT> class messages;
Facet to access message catalogs
The messages standard facet is used to read individual strings from a message catalog.
The specifics on how messages are organized in a catalog depend on the library implementation.
The messages class template has a protected destructor: Programs shall only construct objects of derived classes, or use those installed in locale objects (through use_facet).
All standard locale objects support at least the following facet instantiations of the messages class template as part of the messages category:
|facets in locale objects||description|
- Character type.
This is the type of characters for the returned messages.
Aliased as member char_type.
The class also inherits the catalog type from messages_base. This type is a mere alias (typedef) of a signed integer type.
|char_type||The template parameter (charT)||Character type|
|The basic_string instantiation for characters of type charT (such as string for |
The class contains a public static constant of type locale::id that uniquely identifies facets with money_put semantics.
Public member functions
- messages constructor (public member function)
- Open message catalog (public member function
- Get message from catalog (public member function
- Closse message catalog (public member function
Virtual protected member functionss
The class defines the virtual protected members which implement the behavior by default of their respective public member functions:
- Open message catalog [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Get message from catalog [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Close message catalog (protected virtual member function
Along with the class destructor:
- messagess destructor (protected member function
At least the following specializations of this template are provided in all library implementations: