template <class charT, class InputIterator = istreambuf_iterator<charT> >
Facet to parse dates and times
The time_get standard facet parses sequences of characters to read date and time information and stores it into a tm structure.
The time_get class template has a protected destructor: Programs shall only construct objects of derived classes, or use those installed in locale objects (through use_facet).
All standard locale objects support at least the following facet instantiations of the time_get class template (as part of the time category):
|facets in locale objects||notes|
|narrow characters, for use with istream iterators|
|wide characters, for use with wistream iterators|
- Character type: the type of the characters in the sequence to interpret.
Aliased as member char_type.
- Input iterator type that points to the elements in the character sequence to interpret.
Defaults to istreambuf_iterator, which is an iterator that can be implicitly converted from basic_istream objects.
Aliased as member iter_type.
The class also inherits time_base::dateorder, which is used as the return type for member date_order.
|char_type||The first template parameter (charT)||Character type|
|iter_type||The second template parameter (InputIterator)||Iterator type.|
The following member constants are inherited from time_base (as labels of
enum type time_base::dateorder); They are used as return values by certain member functions.
|No specific order, or format contains variable components other than day, month and year.|
|day, month, year|
|month, day, year|
|year, month, day|
|year, day, month|
The class also contains a public static constant of type locale::id, that uniquely identifies facets with time_get semantics.
Public member functions
- time_get constructor (public member function
- Return date order (public member function
- Read time (public member function
- Read date (public member function
- Read weekday (public member function
- Read month name (public member function
- Read year (public member function
- Read time and date (public member function
Virtual protected member functions
The class defines the virtual protected members which implement the behavior by default of their respective public member functions:
- Return date order [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Read time [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Read date [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Read weekday [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Read month name [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Read year [virtual] (protected virtual member function
- Read time and date [virtual] (protected virtual member function
Along with the class destructor:
- time_get destructor (protected member function
At least the following specializations and partial specializations of this template are provided in all library implementations:
template <class InputIterator> time_get<char,InputIterator>
template <class InputIterator> time_get<wchar_t,InputIterator>
Where InputIterator shall be a type that satisfies the requirements of an input iterator able to iterate over elements of the specified character type.