Beginners - August 2020 (Page 5)

Error E0020, error code description not found on google!

Why when i literally copy paste some code, there is always so many errors??? I checked semantics and everything is correct. I will link my source code and sourc...
[7 replies] Last: Adapted macOS Catalina version #include <iostream> //#include <cstdi... (by againtry)
Call taskkill.exe with a keypress detection.

I read all rules, where was: you can post here any topic related to c++. I am sorry in advance, if this is not for help with creating simple c++ programs. I am...
[2 replies] Last: eh, I have written a few super-batch files in c++. I find it easier ... (by jonnin)
Check if a string has variable elements

Hi there! I need some help here. How can i see if this string (LE: ARRAY) (1 -5 -3 2 -1 7 -2 5 1 7 -9 0 -1 6 -1 -8) has a subARRAY that alternates (+ - + -)or...
[3 replies] Last: Just work along the array from left to right, noting the length of an ... (by lastchance)
working with c_str()

i'm doing an exercise that wants me to use c_str with a vector<char*/> it seems these two things don't work together, c_str seems to only work with strin...
[11 replies] Last: @jonnin (I think it is const char*, but that aside) Just saw your c... (by againtry)
Question??

Hello, I am a PhD student and I need to use the following piece of code for my research but I do not understand it in partycular I do not know what AnalyticColl...
[3 replies] Last: Try ROS.org. If you really are doing a PhD in a relevant discipline (i... (by againtry)
recursion problem

Hello, I am currently learning about recursion, and I am having serious problems understanding this piece of code from my book. I believe I am understanding the...
[15 replies] Last: Putting recursion to one side, a good source of info/explanation/sampl... (by againtry)
Vectors and Deleting Allocated Memory

This is not for anything in particular, just for curiosity. If I had to allocate memory in a vector of pointers, how would i delete that allocated memory? For ...
[4 replies] Last: thank you everyone! (by JamesHelp)
Transpose an oriented graph

I want to reverse an oriented graph. I'm able to create the oriented Graph but I have to reverse it. an oriented graph 𝐺〈𝑆, 𝐴〉 and its invers...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <initializer_list> #in... (by lastchance)
Why the input is incomplete?

My output comes incomplete when I build the program. When I input a name it comes incomplete. Exemple below.Why does that happen ? Ex: What's your name: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much, it worked ;) (by ObscurityT)
repeat in a string

So I am writing a code where i want to print out the amount of letters in a string and print it out once but have minor problems of reading the previous letter....
[6 replies] Last: @jonnin Good call - I was lazy. @OP please get on with making the nece... (by againtry)
by asxxx
Calculator/Parsing/Tokens

Hello. I am start coding a calculator in the console now. It will be need for me later in my GUI app. I am stuck in method which convert tokens to RPN stack. I...
[3 replies] Last: And your isNumber function might be better like this: #include <iost... (by againtry)
problem 2 chapter 11 (structures) from jumping into c++

the question says "Create an array of space ship objects and write a program that continually updates their positions until they all go off the screen. Assu...
[14 replies] Last: I dont have an teacher and the book didnt giv me information to move a... (by ahmedddddddd)
by StMick
Map Insertion Issue

For some reason I am unable to add elements to a map in the below program. The map should be filled with Nurse objects (as the key) and string vectors as th...
[19 replies] Last: The bottom line - if the key class is complex, unlike my previous, a p... (by againtry)
by jonnin
uh

enums are arrays are kinda cool :) Lets take a look-see: enum planetType {Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Planet...
[4 replies] Last: what I posted compiled and ran for me. It also runs here (edit and r... (by jonnin)
Map accessing

What is the equivalent cpp code: How to find the previous element and the current element value in the map while iterating. for index in range(1,len(_d...
[8 replies] Last: Underscore followed by capital letter or 2x consecutive underscores a... (by jlb)
Matrix of letters

Hi there, so we have an int n and then we type in the console n words, they have to be on a new line each, then we have an int k, k is from 2 to 5 /we choose/ a...
[6 replies] Last: may help.. some programs like this make a fake border around the grid,... (by jonnin)
by jerryd
passing class pointers in a class method

cplusplus forum, I need to pass a pointer to One class in a function of Another class. ex: class One { public: }; class Another { public: void f...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> class One { public: int data; One(){data... (by againtry)
by jerryd
Isolate a base class method

cplusplus forum I have several inherited classes from a base class. I added a function to the base class but don't want the inherited classes to each have a...
[3 replies] Last: Okay good to hear. It just sounded like a big rabbit hole happening at... (by Ganado)
can someone easily show me, how to call an array function with or without using pointer.

can you finish this code? #include <iostream> using namespace std; void array(int num1 , int num2 , int num3 , int size); int main(){ // I want to c...
[3 replies] Last: jlb Sorry didn't know, in the future, I will you use. Zapshe Than... (by Learner2016)
passing arrays (character array)

Hello, I am currently learning how to pass pointers and arrays to functions. I am currently going over passing a character array to a function and I am a bit co...
[3 replies] Last: Do you realize that all three of the following function signatures ar... (by DonnaPin)
August 2020 Pages: 1... 345678
  Archived months: [jul2020] [sep2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.