C++ Templates and Libraries for Working with Threads

Not sure how well known this open source project is but I've been using it for a couple of months now and it is quite impressive:
http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/
Intel appear to be pushing developers into creating threaded Apps to make use of their multi-core processors. It's multi-OS and covers most threading models.

It probably won't suit those who like to mess with mutexes and thread sync'ing themselves but for getting something done quickly it's the dogs .....
Last edited on
Hey, I have been pondering working with this lately. I am in the market for a good threading library. I have tried Boost::Thread but unfortunately without changing some major things in my application it presents too much overhead. The tasks are able to complete 2x faster than the creation time of the thread.

How have you found the speed of this? And integrating it into existing OO code?
I haven't tried integrating it into exisiting code, it was a new project but the speed is fine, I'm using it in a DirectShow Filter to stream mpeg.

It's certainly worth a look. Intel have put considerable effort and resources into developing it and it shows.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.