C++ Compilers for OS X

I recently moved from a PC to a Mac and have been having trouble finding a compiler for Eclipse. I'm using OS X Snow Leopard, so I can't download Xcode from the appstore which was the only Mac C++ compiler that I was aware of. Does anyone know of any other compilers other than xcode.
I presume OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6?
You should be able to download XCode from https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action
Last edited on
Yes I have OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8. But the main download for XCode just links to the appstore which requires 10.7.4 and the page for other downloads is down for maintenance so I guess I will just have to wait until its back up.
The developer section on the apple site has a great many versions for download. It just takes a while to search through and find it if you are not familiar with downloading via the developer site. Xcode 3.2.6 is what you want to search for here:
https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

Edit: (You need a developer account to login to see the page)
Last edited on
That method still requires Xcode to be installed, which I can't currently get because the developer site is down for maintenance.
The link I posted earlier was working fine. (No maintenance being done on the link).
I double checked to make sure it was fine and sure enough I typed in Xcode 3.2.6, hit enter, and then clicked download on Xcode 3.2.6 and iOS SDK 4.3.dmg(4.14 GB)
I would post the direct link, but I do believe that is against the contract I agreed to when I created the developer account.
Last edited on
Installing binary packages requires XCode?
kevinkjt2000 I'm not sure where you are downloading Xcode 3.2.6 from. When I use the link you posted I sign in with my developer account and it gives me a page that says that Apple is currently bringing their developer services back online, and even if I go to the downloads page it shows the same message.

What I meant about Mac Ports is that when I download the installer it tells me that Xcode was not installed properly, in the installer, so when I run the commands after the install they fail. I can open up the dmg file and know how they work, but the commands don't work after I install it.
Are you using google chrome? Might could try another web browser. The link works fine with me while using Opera. I happened to notice the site does look different from chrome.
Last edited on
Yes I normally use chrome, so I used both Safari and Opera and neither worked.
I checked again just now and I am still able to download the file. I feel that I should mention I do have an iOS developer account that is paid for. It cost about $100 for the iOS developer portal access to get certificates to make apps. I do not know for sure but when I login it may be sending me to a server that is not under construction. I wish you luck in downloading the file.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.