Windows bases database

I currently manage a database in Excel, and I have a friend in the UK that thinks that I should be using Mircosoft Access to do my database. It sound great, but I really don't like the layout of Access. I'm kinda leaning towards building my own database application that will do what I want it to do. I'm new to C++ and really do want to learn this programming. Can anyone suggest where I can start off with learning to build a database in C++ ? Here's what i'm looking for in my database.

Data-Entry
Data-Deletion
Data-Update
Upload spreadsheet to the web
Print Spreadsheet (online and offline)
Email (clients) for updates base on due dates
User Name and Password
Admin access to add/remove (clients info), add/remove users and password.

There will probly be more, but lets start off slow and easy. lol
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I would just use one of the couple dozen currently out right now. There's no point in remaking it currently.
Last edited on
I've been using SQLite for a month or so, now.
* Easy to learn.
* Robust. In the default mode of operation, the database is pretty much incorruptible by crashes of any kind (OS or application).
* Just one .c and one .h. Important for beginners, since it doesn't involve linking libraries or anything like that.
* You get to learn a subset of SQL.

Upload spreadsheet to the web
Print Spreadsheet (online and offline)
Email (clients) for updates base on due dates
I'm pretty sure none of this is part of any database engine.
User Name and Password
Admin access to add/remove (clients info), add/remove users and password.
You can implement this at the application level.

EDIT: Wait. Are we talking about a database that will be in the same computer as the program, or a database on a client-server architecture?
Last edited on
The database will be in one central location application, but will upload a spreadsheet to the web through my application. I see no reason for a client server architecture at this point. The only two software that I know that can possibly do what i'm looking for is Microsoft Access and FileMaker, but even at that their layouts and function are limited in some areas (on how) i expect it to look and feel. But just in case I would like to use this as a backup if the project I'm doing now with my frined in the UK fails.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.