Could be done . . . right?

closed account (iAk3T05o)
Managed to download the Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ pdf, and get my programming block off (for now).
Now to the question. I've had this software idea (part of the reason i'm learning c++). It'll have checkboxes or buttons that when checked or clicked will bring out a demo video or what that function will do. There will be multiple checkboxes and/or buttons and each will show a video of what was checked or clicked will do.
Is this possible. If you need more details, please ask.
Thanks.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Yes, that is possible but you will need to learn a bit more, and are the videos going to be in a folder or website?
The videos will be in the software. It won't be a website but a downloadable software like maya. For example, you click on a button that says 'drift 1' and a video box will come up showing the video of the drift and if you choose it, it'll form a set of codes for it.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Okay but sorry I don`t understand now, are trying to make a program that you just click a button or click a check box and a video will pop up or a video editing software?
Of course it is possible. You will need some media library so you can play video.
It has nothing to do with a video editing software. Like i said in the previous post, there'll be multiple checkboxes or buttons. Say there is drift 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and you click each one, a video will pop up showing what drift 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 is and depending on which you select, it'll generate the code for it (i'll be the one to put the code for each of the buttons/checkboxes) and place it in the project so you don't have to code anything.
closed account (j3Rz8vqX)
Original Question:

Now to the question. I've had this software idea (part of the reason i'm learning c++). It'll have checkboxes or buttons that when checked or clicked will bring out a demo video or what that function will do. There will be multiple checkboxes and/or buttons and each will show a video of what was checked or clicked will do.
Is this possible. If you need more details, please ask.

My interpretation of you second post:

you [can] click on a button that says 'drift 1' [...] and if [it is chosen], [the program will] form a set of codes for it.

My interpretation of you third post:

[Absolutely not a video editing software,][...] depending on which [demo video,] you select, it'll generate [...] code for [the video file] and [embed] it [into] the project[,] so you don't have to code [a media player or video editor].

Hmm, the goal of "your program" is ambiguous, but if your question was referring to:

whether or not it is possible to show a demonstration of a video
and
if it was possible load the video file into memory?

Yes that would be possible.

To show a video demonstration from your program, you will have to use some kind of media-library; a video file does not play itself.

Loading a video file into memory is more simpler. All you would need to do is read the file as binary and store it as a character array.

Since your asking this question and stated that you're learning c++ (still learning), I would recommend that you break this project into smaller modules first and learning/working with one functionality at a time.
Consider making simple individual programs that implement a single function at a time.

---
The button clicking and check boxes are another thing...
Last edited on
@dput: Drift 1 in this case has to do with a car (a 3d car) and if you choose drift 1 for the car, it'll generate a set of codes for that drift style and apply it to the car. The video demo is to show what the function you are choosing will do.
Still confused. I could explain again.
Last edited on
closed account (j3Rz8vqX)
I am not sure what kind of response you're expecting.

Is this possible.

Yes, it is possible.

My approach would be:
opengl for the vehicle,
simple algorithm for drift_function/method,
opengl of 3d car (demo).

What is it that you need help with?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.