Helping to understand the problem.

So I got this:

A government research lab has concluded that an artificial sweetener commonly used in diet soda will cause death in laboratory mice. A friend of yours is desperate to lose weight but cannot give up soda. Your friend wants to know how much diet soda it is possible to drink without dying as a result. Write a program to supply the answer.

The inputs to the program are the amount of artificial sweetener needed to kill a mouse, the weight of the mouse, and the weight of the dieter. To ensure the safety of your friend, be sure the program requests the weight at which the dieter will stop dieting, rather than the dieter’s current weight.

Assume that 1) diet soda contains one- tenth of 1% artificial sweetener 2) the weight of a can of soda is 350 grams 3) one pound is 454 grams. Use variable declarations with the modifier const to represent these “given” values.

Programs should run like this:
Weight of the mouse in grams: 15
Lethal dose for the mouse (in grams): 100
Desired weight of the dieter (in pounds): 100

The bold is the input

Output should be like this:
Lethal dose in grams, cans is [302667, 864762]

I don't understand what's the output suppose to be between [].
Yeah, I also wasn't sure exactly what they were saying but it is two numbers; the first is the lethal dose of artificial sweetener in grams, and the second number is the lethal dose in cans.

So in this example, the result says the lethal dose is 302667 grams, or 864762 cans of soda.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.