Dev C++ compilation error

Hi!
I am new to dev c++.The program works good for the first time.Whenever I try to modify the code and compile it again it displays compiler error Permission denied ld returned exit status 1.

I googled,it is posted that we have to terminate the running program.I also tried to deleted the .exe file generated during compilation of the program.But I cant delete it since it a running process in Windows task manager.Cannot able to end the process to.No Idea what to do.

If this error happens how can a beginner to c programming can develop his coding skills?

The screenshot is available in the following link

https://plus.google.com/103209263130065904427/posts?banner=pwa
Cannot able to end the process to.
Why is so?
I see, you are using Bloodshed Dev C++. It is outdated and bugged. Change it at least to Orwell one (version 5+)
If all else fails simply restart your PC and try again
I also used Orwell in that too same error.
I had this same problem yesterday. Here is how I solved it.

Restart your computer, as the .exe process will not close when you have this problem.

Right click on your DevC++ program icon, go to properties, go to compatability, select "run as administrator" and "run this program in compatibility for" and select Windows XP service pack 3.

Also turn off your Antivirus software completely. Or uninstall it. This will fix your problem.
As you said, its because the program is still running. The two options you have are either to do as @MiiNiPaa suggested and restart your computer (logging off and on again should work too, anything that resets the process list), or go into task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Escape), go to the 'Processes' tab, and find your program in the list, where you can end the process.

Also, in my experience Orwell is still buggy, and its better to move to a more recognised IDE such as Code::Blocks, Eclipse, Qt Creator or Microsoft Visual Studio.
I'd love to switch to code blocks NT3 but my professor is forcing our class to use DevC++ 4.9.9.2 FML
Are u sure that this error does not occur in code::blocks after recompilation of the source program?
Vinodhini did you try what I said? I was having the exact same issue yesterday.
I tried 2 times uninstalling it . but none fixed the issue.Will this error prompt in code:blocks also?
Another thing to test: Is your disk write protected for some reason? If its on a USB, as they become corrupted with age, sometimes the USB will automatically write-protect itself to prevent loss of data. This error will prompt in Code::Blocks too, but this is less likely due to Code::Blocks never leaving the program 'running' after completion (though there are occasional bugs on my computer with the console runner left, but that's another story).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.