What should I do after reading Accelerated C++, and also Programming Principles and Practice Using C++?

I've got two great books, Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara E. Moo, and also Programming Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup.

My objective is to learn how to develop software and to also become proficient with using C++ as my tool of choice. I have read chunks of both books and I wanted to prepare for the future by ordering more books and by asking for project ideas. If any of you have read these books, please recommend some project ideas that will help me with 1) mastery of the concepts I've read so far 2) proficiency with C++ language specifics and 3) exposure to some relevant real-world programming tasks.

I was thinking of reading more of the books in the C++ In-Depth series that Accelerated C++ is a part of, but I want to make sure I read material that is not too difficult for my current level. Assuming I have understood and learned everything in these two books, what should my next step be? Also, can I please have a recommendation for a good book on Data Structures?

Thanks in advance.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.