Level of knowledge

Hi there,

I would like to know how advanced will my knowledge of C++ be, when I would read through all the tutorials on this site. Are there all functions of C++ covered? Or is it only a basic knowledgebase helping me to learn on? I know that there is always more to learn, but does this tutorial cover all C++ or not?

Thanks in advance!
Well, I have been reading these tutorials a while. And they really cover a lot of themes of C++. However, I'd recommend spending in some C++ books to learn more the language...

Remember that you won't learn by just reading, but practicing. :)
Yeah, I'll probably buy a book after understanding all that is here. I know that just reading is not the solution. I was just curious, if this is only a basic tutorial, or if it covers all themes of C++.
Hmm... I don't think it covers a 100% of C++... But I have been reading these tutorials, and they cover a lot.
I don't think you'll ever find a tutorial which covers 100% of C++ -- there's just too much material!

The best you can hope for from the tutorials here (or anywhere!) is a solid grasp of the basics. I'd say they've done their job if you are able to understand the more advanced concepts without continually being confused about what all the various symbols and terms mean.

I'm sorry to say, though, that you won't be a C++ expert without following cminusminus' advice; practice, practice, practice (and lots of mistakes!)
I know, practice makes perfect, C++ is not my first programming language...
Then you've probably got a head start, any experience with just the concepts can do a world of good when learning, so your probably in a good place.

Which language, by the way?
Well, I learned php to some extent, but I forgot most of it because I didn't use it. Besides that, I learned several languages used by PC games, so that gave me a lot.
Excellent, then you've definitely got a good head start, many PC games are written in C++, so you likely know a good deal just from that.
Actually, I started with C++ also because of PC games, also because I want to extend my general programming knowledge - cause I have seen many things similar to C++ and I told myself: "It may be a good idea to look inside it more deeply". And so I am here.

If else statements along with variables and constats were really easy for me, only trouble I got up to now are pointers, they are tricky.....
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.