NUMBERS INPUT HELP!

Write your question here.

Hi my name is Gelly and i'm really having a headache with c++ because i'm a freshmen in this course. What am i going to do? here's the problem.. our assignment is.. if we input number ranges 1-9, the program will answer "one digit"
if we put numbers that range from 10-99, the program will answer "two digits"
if we put 100-999 it will tell us that it is "three digits"
if we put 1000-9999 the program will tell out of range. please help! i am using c++ msdc. Thanks. Hopefully i can get ideas :)
what have you got so far?
Learn about "if-elseif-else" statement. It's the most basic you can use for this problem.
Last edited on
can you give me an example? please?
thanks a lot! :)
so far i am using turbo c++ and i think it is more complicated than any c++ compiler. Hmm.. since i am from Philippines and i don't know why this is what are teacher told us that we will gonna use. she assumes that everyone of us knows how to run a simple program. anyway, is it possible if i use Microsoft visual c++? do you think it will still run on turbo c++ too? I'm sorry.. this is a little shock for me since i don't have any background regarding how to run a program. Thanks :) D

And yeah, does c++ turbo and other c++ has the same computer language?

thank you.
I used turboC++ long time ago,
I should say that for basics both are not much different.

But turboC++ will have some of function that is not standard and cannot run on the other editor's compiler.

So I think your visualC++'s will be able to run on turboC++, but NOT ALL turboC++'s will be able to run on visualC++.
If you talk about language, that's not the point.
All program you said is just 'Editor', it write codes, codes are plain text.

Notepad is one of editor, you'll see that's different from MS word(MSWord is not an editor).

So every editor can used to write any computer languages(But the color highlight is depended on which editor supports which language).

The different is COMPILER, you can google it if you want to know more.
Thanks a lot! :) You really a big help. I am watching already on youtube. Thanks tera :)
You're welcome.
ask your professor for good or recommended book for your university or self..

in this problem you will have to use 3 control statement if else if else
that's all
Not only if and else you will have the use the operators < // smaller than and bigger than > >
@Mizfizz of course it include its
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.