Related to UML diagrams

Hello!

I'm sorry to disturb you guys but I've stuck on this please help me on this one.

Question is that;

Suppose there are two software companies and both have been assigned same project but by two different types of users to develop small software for transport management system apparently with same requirements. In this system they have administrator, vehicles, and routes etc as actors. These actors have interaction with each other like Aggregation and Association. Both companies adopted different techniques (given below) to develop this software.

Company “A” developed this software without any UML diagram and without any documentation due to the size of project.

Company “B” adopted a different way and developed all UML diagrams and documentation for this project.

Both software's are implemented and working properly in the field according to demand. In your opinion, which company will get long term benefits and which company gets short term benefits from above given scenario?

What do you think about that? got any ideas?
Move your question to the lounge.
This is a badly posed question; the answer is obvious. Documenting the software development life-cycle will yield several long-term benefits: maintenance will be simpler, new developers can be quickly adopted, the software can be more easily extended, etc. These are things you would know if you knew why the UML exists.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.