Help with c++\visual studio

I am kind of desperate here, I am running low on time on my project, so unfortunately I don't have time to learn C++ but I really need to use this one program, I have the codes and I just need to know how to ""build the program out of it""

I have seem several topics explaining how to make a simple program in visual studio but I still can't figure out how to build a program out of codes that are already made

and also I don't know what to write on a search to find an answer on this

does anyone know where I can find something explaining how to do this?

I have never used visual studio\c++ in my life, that's the problem (only Fortran... and still I can't relate!)
There are a gazillion and one tutorials in many formats (video, text, podcast...) about how to use Visual Studio. You need to make a new project, then add a new item (Project>Add Item). Probably a .cpp. Then hit Local Windows Debugger. That should get you started and then some.
If you have a solution file, more than likely double clicking it should load it up, then hit the F5 key ( Or relevant key ) to build it.

Maybe this will be of some use, I usually don't like linking to outside sources, but this site doesn't have much of a reference for this kind of question.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19503515/how-to-use-visual-studio-c-compiler
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.